maintenance required light blinks 10 times

Status
Not open for further replies.

ActNow

Reaction score
I'm almost to 100k myself. My light is blinking too I will reset at or shortley after the 100k interval.

CG6-WASABI

Reaction score
Sketch 05: Thanks a bunch dude i just did it rite now and it fixed it!!! Thanks again :d

StuCoupe

Reaction score
its a dumby light that comes on at certain intervals so you bring your car into the dealership so they can tell you all kinds of nonsense to get done on your car. the only thing that triggers it to come on is mileage.

turn your car off, hold the "reset" button on your dash in, count to 15....turn your car to "on" (dont start it) while still holding in "reset", keep holding it till the light goes off and youre set.

when it just blinks, then goes away, its just means that a maintenance interval is coming up. once it stays on, youre either at, or passed that interval.

So, I do this and the light goes away, but as soon as I release the button, It flicks back on? Any suggestions? Maybe it IS time for maintenance? it came on when I hit 280,000km

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
So, I do this and the light goes away, but as soon as I release the button, It flicks back on? Any suggestions? Maybe it IS time for maintenance? it came on when I hit 280,000km

youre not doing it right then, somehow.

there is not one sensor on the car that will trigger that light to come on. it comes on at mileage/time intervals so you can take your car to the dealer and get charged for a bunch of **** that isnt wrong with it.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Sorry for old thread bump, but this pertains.

I just drove back to my apartment, an hour and a half from the city. After stopping at the walmart, I put in ignition position, and maintenance required light flashed 10 times.

I know how to reset it.

Just want to confirm that it is just as a reminder.

That being said, I want to mention that I am OBD1, and also that I changed my oil very recently and have been running Mobil 1 Synthetic High Mileage. So the other question: does the previous info about this light blinking 10 times still pertain to OBD1 converted vehicles?

Thank you all.

- Nikita

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back