Mating a F22 tranny to a h22 motor?

Thirteenth

Reaction score
thanks guys, i sent my accord over to the shop doing the swap yesterday. decided to leave the f22 transmission for now, popping in a fidanza flywheel and leaving it at that for now.

the money i saved went towards crower cam shaft and valve train setup, as well as a little pspec short shifter i had my eye on.... though only a little bit of the way toward it.

any other suggestions on what i should take care of as long as the h is just floating there? i'm thinking maybe a down pipe?

hondahana

Reaction score
youll hate the long gears with a peppy motor. my other accord(cb7) has a f22 with some bolt ons and i swapped a h23 tranny on it and its a whole different car now. but with shorter gears gets bad gas mileage. i still average 325 to a tank without a much needed tune.

99CcordMTF23

Reaction score
I just want to put this out there... The transmission and engines are completely different things. The trans gearing really has nothing to do with how much horsepower the engine makes. (unless auto, they draaaagg.) the short ratios in the h22 trans will give you quicker acceleration due to the lower gear ratio. Where the f22 trans with a wide ratio will allow you to achieve a higher top speed, aswell as a lower rpm at cruising speeds. Hope that helps.

99CcordMTF23

Reaction score
Don't forget it feels like a tremendous gap between 2nd and 3rd for me. Ugh. Besides my stock shifter is like a foot tall...

Latest posts

Back