Member from Riverside,CA

Caliaccord02

Reaction score
Whats up guys, my name is Daniel. I'm in my 3rd year at CSUSB studying graphic design. I been a member for a few years now but never post anything until now. I have a 2002 accord lx sedan auto v4 with 100k miles. I've had the car since 2012 and have have done a little to the car so far. Got a mugen front lip and HC1 rear lip,yellow foglights,side markers, visors all around,blackhoused headlights that I retrofit with eBay projects, 6k hids, and some rims,not sure what kind but they say oz on them so I'm assuming oz racing rims(got them for free from a friend).I also have an aem sri and a magnaflow catback exhaust system. My transmission is starting to slip again for the second time( I replaced it 2 years ago with another auto transmission) so in the next couple weeks I'm converting it to 5 speed transmission. Not too sure if I'll be getting an h22 tranny or f23 so if you guys have an opinion of which I should get please leave a comment. I also have bald tires and a cracked rim so I'm thinking about getting some xxr521 17x7 rims in the next few weeks. I'm also looking into getting some function and form coilovers sometime soon cause I hate that wheel gap. Once I figure out how to post pictures, Ill be putting some up so I can get some of your guys opinions.

Last edited:

james'99

Reaction score
Welcome buddy! I'd go with the F23 tranny for the obvious reason that it was designed for our motor and will handle it best. Personal opinion. Unless you intend on building something out of what you have, that's what I would do.

Caliaccord02

Reaction score
Thanks. I read that that all the H and F trans are all interchangeable so I'm just looking for the tranny that will last me the longest. Down the road when I'm out of school I'm looking into turboing the car but that won't be for a while. Thanks for your opinion.

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Welcome to the site, sounds like you've got a good start. Nothing wrong with free OZ wheels. If you're planning to T/C someday I'd stick with the F tranny. Glad you're tackling the 5MT swap, you won't regret it.

Btw new members must wait 7 days before posting photos. But when you do, use a image sharing site like Photobucket and copy/paste the IMG link. :)

Caliaccord02

Reaction score
Thanks RedRyder. I'm probably going to end up getting the F tranny. I've been a member since 2013 so I think I'm good to post some pics already. I'm trying to post some pics right now.Should I post the pics on this thread or start a new one?

Caliaccord02

Reaction score
URL=http://s172.photobucket.com/user/Ortid317/media/unnamed_zpsoefuvfjj.jpg.html]
unnamed_zpsoefuvfjj.jpg
[/URL]URL=http://s172.photobucket.com/user/Ortid317/media/unnamed-4_zps7b1ctmvm.jpg.html]
unnamed-4_zps7b1ctmvm.jpg
[/URL]

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I'd recommend starting your own members ride thread here so you can list all your mods along with the photos and get feedback, show updates to the car, etc.

Car looks good. Personally I am a fan of painting exterior parts but you have the whole silver/black theme going so if you like it then that's all that matters. Are the front/rear lips and wing plastidipped? If you're sticking with the silver/black theme, I think a satin or gloss black paint would make those parts look a little more finished. And I've never been a big fan of those rear windshield spoilers, there are some better alternatives imo.

Caliaccord02

Reaction score
The lips and the spoiler are plastidipped. I had painted them silver to match the car but the color came out different and it started to chip so I just plastidipped them black to match the rims. I was looking into getting the whole car painted white or silver this summer because the paint has no shine and is really dull. Thanks for giving me feedback.

Back