Metal AC Knobs

Ilovemy6thgen

Reaction score
Are we going to make the purchase or not?

Yeah I've been too busy with school to check V6p and then this place haha

The knobs were pricey since I only ordered two of them and they were custom. The knobs themselves were cheap ( 6 bucks). But they needed to be machined correctly ( inner and outer diameter) in order to fit the knobs correctly. Final price was like $15-20 each

Like I said custom knobs = $$$

I don't remember where I got them. I graduate May 31st, I might consider doing a group buy = discount.

It's a 50/50 chance that there will even be a group buy.

DrOwZee

Reaction score
No one on here knows a shop that can custom these so we dont have to wait for Richard? He's a busy man.

thatklazzickid

Reaction score
There's a shop right around the corner from me, I'm gonna go today and see how much a pair of the knobs would be. Idk if they would make them black or if you would need to get them powder coated or maybe even just spray paint them. I'll update you guys later today with my findings

thatklazzickid

Reaction score
Just got back from the machine shop, the price I was quoted for 20 knobs, 10 pairs, was pretty good. However, the way the knob fits on, with the D shape was a issue as he doesn't have the machine for that at the moment. He said it would be a month or so before he would have it set up. He said he would also be able to powder coat them if I wanted but said he would not be able to anodize them. I'm not so sure they need to be anodized, someone more informed can chime in if they feel they should be.

The knobs on mine are from a manually controlled ac on a 2002. I thought I read somewhere that the knobs on the auto climate control and/or the earlier style (98-00) knobs were different. I have no idea if they are different and if they are, in what way. If I did a group buy, I would need to know this.

At the moment, I'm thinking I could set up the group buy for these, I won't promise anything just yet though.

If the knobs are different between the years and auto vs manual control, that could drive the costs of production up a bit.

Right now, if this were to happen, a pair of powder coated ac knobs would run about $25-30 shipped. I'll keep you guys updated.

Any questions/suggestions/concerns either pm me or post them here. You can also contact me on Facebook. I would love for this to happen.

Last edited:

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
I'd do it.

But black anodized would be nicer over powder coated. I guess I'd have to see the results first

thatklazzickid

Reaction score
I'd do it.

But black anodized would be nicer over powder coated. I guess I'd have to see the results first

i really dont know much about metal finishes and whats best and all that. if thats the preferred method, i would gladly look into that rather than doing something that few would be happy with.

Back