Metal AC Knobs

thatklazzickid

Reaction score
it may be nicer bit after a little research, it wouldnt be cost effective on such a small volume of production like this. most things i read had a minimum price of anywhere from 75-125 bucks, when i can get them powder coated for a fraction of that.

WHEEELMAN

Reaction score
Actually guys, ANYTHING other than those dull OEM knobs is nicer.

Modding a knob to work on the rotary mount is going to be cheaper route. You would either have to get custom lot manufacturing or a repropduction of one like the V6P.net style they had. Either way you use, would be costly, no?

but, .....Scanned into CAD and done; sounds the way to go with me. :thinking:

thatklazzickid

Reaction score
im sure i could get them some polished and some powder coated black. the samples he should me when i went were just raw aluminum, they would def need to be polished to be acceptable, at least at my standards.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
The anodized finish is appealing for knobs because it gives them that “spinning propeller” effect. I probably wouldn’t go for PC’d ones personally. Brushed aluminum or a nickel finish would be nice if that was an option. Polished is cool but I think they’d look out of place in our interiors. Either way thanks for looking into this. :thumbsup:

Dukebb23

Duke Blue Devils
Reaction score
Anyone heard anything about a group buy or getting these setup for us. I know it's been a minute.

cfox28

Reaction score
^how much do you think everyone is willing to shell out for these? I have the tools, and software, to make an accurate digital model, and my friend works as a machinist and able (not necessarily wanting to) to do these.

for fabrication, many people think you just plop the digital model in the comp, throw on a piece of medal, and press a button, but it's not that simple. But if the money talks, he might be able to justify the hrs spent making these

Back