Mikey's 2001 V6 Coupe

Mikey

Reaction score
Well, I made the usual mistake; I didnt do my research.

I figured the pigtails would be identical. I figured the internal defogger would just get power/ground from the US plug. But, of course, it's a lot more complicated than that. And it involves relays and such. I'd like to do it. I'd LOVE to do it. Especially if I could do it and it be reversible.

I mean, I guess, in all reality, assuming I can find those dash relays, it shouldnt be that. "Shouldnt" being the key word. It's just a matter of re-pinning a few wires and running wire under the dash/through relays.

I cant remember exact cost but paint, I think, was like $200. Not too bad I guess. If I do go through with it and get them painted, Ive thought about either a plain black or maybe even a primer black. That way they'll go with anything, should I decide to sell them later on down the road. IDK. We'll see. Paint's last on the list at this point.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Wiring… *shudder

I’m not sure how thick tint film is, but it can’t hurt to try. I actually got a crack on my passenger fog lens, and a dime size hole in the driver side…just happened over time but I was so mad when I noticed it. So I bought new OEM fogs, and I’m going to get them clearbra’d, hoping it will protect them.

This has been one thing that has discouraged me from fitting CF4 fogs or the like…if those get broken, they are too expensive to replace.

Mikey

Reaction score
Wiring… *shudder

I’m not sure how thick tint film is, but it can’t hurt to try. I actually got a crack on my passenger fog lens, and a dime size hole in the driver side…just happened over time but I was so mad when I noticed it. So I bought new OEM fogs, and I’m going to get them clearbra’d, hoping it will protect them.

This has been one thing that has discouraged me from fitting CF4 fogs or the like…if those get broken, they are too expensive to replace.
Shudder is right. I so dont wanna do it, Ive forgotten I even have the mirrors, lol.

Replacement fog for me is like $9x. Not too bad, but an investment DEFINITELY worth protecting. Never thought about the ClearBra. That's a good idea. The Yellow Lamin-X is 12mil. Not sure about the ClearBra. I imagine it's pretty thick though. Lamin-X sells 40mil sheets in any size, if it's cheaper than the ClearBra.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
I have to get some of the clearbra stuff for my headlights/fogs as well.

I don't want to head down to TN and have any issues with either.

Gotta invest in some serious painter's tape too!

The LaminX and Clearbra have to be cut to whatever you are putting it on yes, there are no pre-cut pieces for our headlights?

Mikey

Reaction score
I believe so, yes.

I cant find any of the ClearBra in anything other than 6" x 48" strips. I had heard that there were special dealers/installer but they're nowhere near me.

Painter's Tape ftw anyway. Ive always wanted to do that to my car. Just once, lol.

Back