Mods and admins!!! Can we get an xmas present

nyknick1015

Reaction score
can we find a way to start embedding videos when we post youtube or other. I think that would be an awesome tool for the board

thanks

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
embedding will probably tax our servers, and since neither of you pays money towards the cost of those servers.........

good luck

ericthecheat

Reaction score
How would embedding a flash object tax the server? All the data is streaming from youtube and the host computer is rendering the video. I bet it uses less server resources than the smilies...:hide:

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
it's not hard, just annoying lol ... i think they're point is being able to play the videos on 6ga ... and not having to click on a link that opens up a new page or tab ... but if there is a charge for being able to post embedded videos ... well than i say F that :boo:

nyknick1015

Reaction score
How would embedding a flash object tax the server? All the data is streaming from youtube and the host computer is rendering the video. I bet it uses less server resources than the smilies...:hide:

I thought so too... accord tuner and cbrforum does it now and its a hell of alot easier. I thought it would just be an object code infront of a link. Just with videos, it would automatically put it in

i dont see how clicking a link is so hard? :eh:

it's not hard, just annoying lol ... i think they're point is being able to play the videos on 6ga ... and not having to click on a link that opens up a new page or tab ... but if there is a charge for being able to post embedded videos ... well than i say F that :boo:

+1

jaron001

Reaction score
this is the only place i visit where you have to click a youtube link. less tabs keeps me happy:lolhitting:

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
so essentially this comes down to people being too lazy to click a link? would you like us to hold your hands while you walk as well?

and if the content is blocked by your companies internet then you won't be able to use the link regardless, just like I can't see p-bucket photos from work.

Back