More Goodies: Red Exhaust Wrap. Completed pics pg. 3

1bad6

Reaction score
Ordered some red 2" exhaust pipe wrap a few days ago and it came in a little while ago. This is 100' feet of it with some 12" stainless steel ties. I'll take some more pics when it's installed on my turbo manifold.

redexhaustwrap.jpg

Last edited:

jdmcg3

Reaction score
Re: More Goodies: Red Exhaust Wrap

a whole thread just to show you got some header wrap?

but since its here. how much did you pay for it and from where?

and i also heard heat wrap is bad for headers and exhaust. due the fact it holds moisture and from there it rusts away the metal. and alot of ppl say the metal zip ties fall off and it then unwraps.

JordanFleenor

Reaction score

This should have just went in "What'd you do to your accord today?"

but anyways, coool buy. pics soon.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score

Duuuude it's 1bad6, of course it's gotta be in the main engine mods section.. Headline News! :eusa_doh:

Seriously though, should have been in eye candy or something.. OR at least in your already extensive H22 build thread..

Cool, I've always been a supporter of heat wrap in fact I got some myself just for my downpipe. I recommend coating the components being wrapped in POR-15 or something similar before applying, because as Jdmcg3 said - it tends to hold moisture. At least if your parts are treated to be rust-proof before application, you can be sure not to worry about moisture even if it does get in there. It would be a borderline issue if you didn't use the car often and if it was outside.. but if it's a daily driver - the turbo parts get so hot you can light cigarettes off them, so looking at it that way - WHAT MOISTURE??

Lol. Do it and post pics asap.

1bad6

Reaction score

a whole thread just to show you got some header wrap?

but since its here. how much did you pay for it and from where?

and i also heard heat wrap is bad for headers and exhaust. due the fact it holds moisture and from there it rusts away the metal. and alot of ppl say the metal zip ties fall off and it then unwraps.

$60 ebay. I was torn on where to post this, but I was hoping that we could get some intelligent conversation going on the topic so maybe putting it here wasn't such a bad idea. Good point...but before purchasing, I did hours of research and what I found was that although a few people thought that in theory it would rust pipes prematurely, no one that I came across had proof and in reality, those who'd tried using it had few to no complaints. The wrap is actually fiberglass and as such it isn't that good at holding moisture. However, it IS extremely effective at keeping heat in the pipe that it's wrapped around, which is my primary goal with it.

This should have just went in "What'd you do to your accord today?"

but anyways, coool buy. pics soon.

I wasn't exactly sure where the best place for this to go was. It is an engine/turbo mod though so I figured this would be the spot. Additional pics will be uploaded when it's installed.

Duuuude it's 1bad6, of course it's gotta be in the main engine mods section.. Headline News! :eusa_doh:

Seriously though, should have been in eye candy or something.. OR at least in your already extensive H22 build thread..

Cool, I've always been a supporter of heat wrap in fact I got some myself just for my downpipe. I recommend coating the components being wrapped in POR-15 or something similar before applying, because as Jdmcg3 said - it tends to hold moisture. At least if your parts are treated to be rust-proof before application, you can be sure not to worry about moisture even if it does get in there. It would be a borderline issue if you didn't use the car often and if it was outside.. but if it's a daily driver - the turbo parts get so hot you can light cigarettes off them, so looking at it that way - WHAT MOISTURE??

Lol. Do it and post pics asap.

I figured the discussion on heat wrap would probably get lost in my rather large turbo/built H22 build thread so I decided against putting it there. Besides, we're already getting some decent educational conversation on it! The turbo manifold already has a coating on it so rust is not a concern. It's pretty much a daily driver and is kept in my garage everyday. You'll have to wait for pics until I get my car back in a few weeks. I plan on making a trip to visit my boy and his family in Texas next year so you might get to see everything in person Mr. Red.

Last edited:

eggs

Reaction score

You'll have to wait for pics until I get my car back in a few weeks. I plan on making a trip to visit my boy and his family in Texas next year so you might get to see everything in person Mr. Red.

this is why this thread it completely useless.. you make a thread then dissapear all the time. its what you do.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score

We better see pics soon! Unfortunately I won't be able to see it in person though man, I have since relocated to Maine.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score

We better see pics soon! Unfortunately I won't be able to see it in person when you go to Texas though man, I have since relocated to Maine. However, you should come up to New England sometime - we on the same coast now!

1bad6

Reaction score

We better see pics soon! Unfortunately I won't be able to see it in person when you go to Texas though man, I have since relocated to Maine. However, you should come up to New England sometime - we on the same coast now!

What's the rush on pics again? Hold your horses man.

What the hell? That's a drastic change! Aint nothin up in Maine other than lobster and insanely cold weather. I will most likely be as far up as Virginia at some point next year to visit another one of my boys. I'll PM you when I know so we can coordinate something.

Back