/off topic but oh well

1bad6

Reaction score
Re: More Goodies: Red Exhaust Wrap

you got any left over H series parts :naughty: i know you do :poke:

PM me if so

/off topic but oh well

PM'd

Here are a few of the finished pics. The shop said that upon the first startup after wrapping, the red dye burned off almost completely...so I was left with a very nice looking, but not red wrap. They said that even if we'd used silicone spray, it probably wouldn't have made a difference. I will say that the wrap along with the new turbo blanket has helped to keep under hood temps noticeably lower AND the turbo spools SO much quicker...it's a night and day difference!!

engineshot.jpg

engineshot2.jpg

CG6>YourCar

Reaction score
Might want to rename the thread..

"More Goodies: PINK Exhaust Wrap. Completed pics pg. 3"

:lawl: I'm pulling your leg man, it looks nice.

1bad6

Reaction score
Might want to rename the thread..

"More Goodies: PINK Exhaust Wrap. Completed pics pg. 3"

:lawl: I'm pulling your leg man, it looks nice.

LOL! Good one.

They said it looked gorgeous when it was done and before they'd started the car. I wish I'd gotten some pics of that. In the end though, it looks great and is very functional.

AFAccord

Reaction score
Re: More Goodies: Red Exhaust Wrap

Did the guys at Mainstream make that manifold? I think that's a great design compromise between a ram horn and log that I've been looking for. Not so sure about the WG placement though. Any more photos of it so I don't have to dig through a hundred of your threads?

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
I agree thats a sweet little simple manifold. might have to make myself one like that haha. I plan on wrapping mine sometime too glad to hear you feel a difference in how fast it spools. mine already spools stupid fast. :lawl:

1bad6

Reaction score
Did the guys at Mainstream make that manifold? I think that's a great design compromise between a ram horn and log that I've been looking for. Not so sure about the WG placement though. Any more photos of it so I don't have to dig through a hundred of your threads?

It's an equal length manifold that's capable of flowing A LOT more than I'd want. I think they came up with the design and had a different company create the manifold. I'll take some more pics and post them.

I agree thats a sweet little simple manifold. might have to make myself one like that haha. I plan on wrapping mine sometime too glad to hear you feel a difference in how fast it spools. mine already spools stupid fast. :lawl:

I can't wait to see yours. Mikey Mike has started to part out his car so he won't be making the trip to VA. The turbo blanket is what made the most difference in terms of spool.

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
It's an equal length manifold that's capable of flowing A LOT more than I'd want. I think they came up with the design and had a different company create the manifold. I'll take some more pics and post them.

I can't wait to see yours. Mikey Mike has started to part out his car so he won't be making the trip to VA. The turbo blanket is what made the most difference in terms of spool.
thats pretty sweet I want one for my F. when are you coming to va? I'm sure I wanna see yours just as much as you wanna see mine. your making twice my power! thats ****ing insane.

Niice, bay looks awesome. I got myself a nice blankey too for my ball bearing snail, as well as wrap for manifold.

jealous of you guys :sad: can't find a turbo blanket for my 16g.

EmMinODaGreaT

Reaction score
Your turbo manifold was fabricated in house, just like the rest of your components. The wastegate placement is directly off the collector, and center, no boost creep issues and no crazy noise. Just for the record :)

Back