my first HDR

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
hdr = yawn.

photomatix takes tone mapping too far and makes the pic look like a cartoon. that's why it doesn't look "hdr-ish" cause you eased off on the tone mapping.

KnightRyder

Reaction score
yea im definetley gonna keep playing around with it.

i know mine cant really be called HDR because it doesnt really look like one but whatever its called, i like how the lighting turned out on mine :) i think i need to read a few more tutorials.

Last edited:

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
i think the pic looks really good...altho with an average exposure and some editing i believe you could have achieved nearly the same effect with one pic...

try shooting a pic of the car with like...a sunset in the background...and try going wider range....like -4, -2, 0, 2, 4

SykVSyx

Reaction score
they're the work esperio's that used to belong to icyaccord.

and thanks for the comments guys. i'll be doing another one once i get my tein ssp installed

I was looking for the update about teh 4x4 look! Nice ride still, something about teh black Coupe's, I have yet to see one I didn't like!

KnightRyder

Reaction score
i think the pic looks really good...altho with an average exposure and some editing i believe you could have achieved nearly the same effect with one pic...

try shooting a pic of the car with like...a sunset in the background...and try going wider range....like -4, -2, 0, 2, 4

i'll be giving this another try after i get the suspension on, but my camera cant do anything beyond -2 and 2. its a point and shoot camera, canon sd870IS.

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
ill try a few tricks when i get home....i have a Canon SD750...im thinking that you could trick the light meter by using a 3 stop neutral density filter while pressing the shutter down halfway...then remove the filter and take the picture....that would work for the over exposures....then maybe you could turn the flash on and cover it up for your under exposures

AngusTEx

Reaction score
I think it looks great.

KnightRyder, are you gonna make a thread in member's rides? Your coupe looks nice and clean.

Back