NA build

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
anyone know how much the pistons cost? at work now, so kinda lazy to find the price

Sonnick

Reaction score
BlkCurrantKord said:
Base will put you at or around 11-11.5:1 which is plenty for a street car. Type-S will put you past that and your looking at issues like valve clearance, able to run pump gas still, etc.
Gotcha..didn't think base would put me that high. NA build is looking better..

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
$200 eh? but tht's the type-S tho.... my CR would go thru the roof if i get tht.... but i'm guessing the base pistons should be around tht price.... the pistons r easily accessed after i pull the head rite? so, it shouldn't be tht much harder to install the pistons.... if so, i might just get the pistons instead of the crower cams

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Check ebay every once in a while. I found some OEM K20's on there awhile ago for less than $200. I guess I shoulda bought em but oh well. Next option is using your oem pistons and aftermarket forged K20 pistons. You could use H22 pistons as well, you'll just have to overbore 1mm and have some headwork done if your using the H23 head.

Once you pull the head you still have to unbolt the rods from the crank and push them out of the block. So basically, pull the motor and put it on an engine stand.

Last edited:

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
damn.... there's no way to get the pistons out with the motor still in the car?

btw, this is confusing:
"Next option is using your oem pistons and aftermarket forged K20 pistons." :bash: lol

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
DarkSideAccord said:
damn.... there's no way to get the pistons out with the motor still in the car?

btw, this is confusing:
"Next option is using your oem pistons and aftermarket forged K20 pistons." :bash: lol

I guess you could if you really wanted to. You'd have to remove the oil pan and unbolt them from underneath. This also means you have to reinstall them this way.

Stock F23 rods + (some brand name) K20 pistons = what I meant.

Back