Need a new car battery (I4)

Devil-V

Reaction score
I've come to the conclusion that my 5+ year old battery (probably longer) has finally worn out. I'm looking to invest in a high performance battery that will take a beating from my sound system, but I'm not entirely sure what specifications I should be looking for, other than the fact it needs to be 16v.

Is there a specific battery type I should be going for, and can anybody throw out any recommended brands?

nsjames

Reaction score
I've not been impressed with the new optimas.

I'd go east penn/deka.

blackcord

Reaction score
Is you charging system upgraded to handle a 16V battery? If not, then you should really just get a regular battery or AGM or deep cycle 12v battery.

I use an Odyssey battery and I am very impressed by it. This is the one you would need: http://shop.odysseybattery.com/p/35-pc1400t-a

I am also not impressed by Optimas. I had a Red Top that crapped out on my after under 1 year of usage.

Akingkhan

Reaction score
Xs Power group 24
Don't even try to go 16 volts on your car you will toast your cars electrical system.
If you want to go 16 volts you can get this and it will do the trick. I know a few people running them and I haven't herd 1 bad thing about them.
You will have to upgrade your alternator to charge this beast.

Back