NEED HELP FINDIN racing aluminum radiator

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
1: wrong

2: pointless on supercharger? do you even know how hot a charger gets? and it's not JRSC, it's comptech which uses eaton, which i might add that is pain in the arse to put intercooler.

so how is having a 2 row aluminum pointless on supercharger? anything that'll helps the engine cool down is worth it to me.

1) So where is it? I'm guessing you either have one or know where to get one from your sig, yet you haven't provided such info in your post.

2) Pointless argument...its still a supercharger...what name I used isnt point here.

3) I know how a supercharger works. Do you? It's the air getting compressed that creates heat, cooling the intake charge has a better effect than your radiator does.

aznfunkyflip

Reaction score
1) So where is it? I'm guessing you either have one or know where to get one from your sig, yet you haven't provided such info in your post.

2) Pointless argument...its still a supercharger...what name I used isnt point here.

3) I know how a supercharger works. Do you? It's the air getting compressed that creates heat, cooling the intake charge has a better effect than your radiator does.

i already told him where he can get the aluminum rad., and i figured it'll be pointless to show where to get it because yeah ... who would wanna spend 400 on a piece of aluminum ... right? yet, ppl spend 150 for an intake. *sigh*

we all know cooling the intake charge will be better, but what if intercooler is almost out of the picture? all am saying is that upgrading the rad. on a car with a charger isn't pointless.

bdeitemeyer

Reaction score
I know Wayne had a 5th gen accord Koyo modified to fit his AV6...I'm sure Roger led you in that direction already.

0704_impp_03z+1998_honda_accord+engine.jpg

TurboAV6

Reaction score

Please dont talk on these forum about something you know nothing about. Not trying to flame just being honest. When i dont know something i admit it. And FYI even if it cools his system by 1 degree and hes got the money for it thats 1 degree better than before.

Here is an aluminum radiator that wont help cool too much extra but it will look real nice. http://www.macsradiator.com/browseproducts/1998-2000-Honda-Accord.HTML Check it out its not cheap but not too expensive you might be able to find one cheaper on ebay.

Good luck and dont put up or listen to some things people say here. There are some good guys with good advice.

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
you really won't notice any diff performance wise...the thermostat takes care of the engine's running temperature...and it's for show...i get that...so if thats what you want so be it...

i think what you are trying to prove tho is that...engines make power...but energy is also expelled in the form of heat....the more power you make...the more heat you make.....but the stock cooling system is not gonna be overpowered by a supercharger...i can't recall anyone having problems with that.....by upgrading the radiator you have the ability to cool the engine faster and get the thermostat to close soooner...but the engine's temperature will really not be affected that much...

play nice guys...

TheHunter

Reaction score
I'm happy the nicer members got in here and sorted this out. I don't know much about radiators, especially aluminum ones, so I didn't really want to chime in.

Mojeans69

Reaction score
I get wat he's tryin to say...its like wen people come here asking if they need a camber it for a 1.2" drop...some people dont know wat its for they just hear from friends and want one...but an intercooler will be better performance wise but if you got 550HP you might need some extra cooling under there :thumbsup: just because he asks you wat do you need it for you shouldnt get all defensive...especially if your not on here that much people ask pointless question on here..

Last edited:

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Please dont talk on these forum about something you know nothing about. Not trying to flame just being honest. When i dont know something i admit it. And FYI even if it cools his system by 1 degree and hes got the money for it thats 1 degree better than before.

You're one to talk about not knowing something. A 1 degree cooling difference is negatable.

All my point was, other than bling factor, it's waste of money for something that isnt going to used to its full effectiveness. But whatever, show cars are show cars..

tnguyen600

Reaction score
not tryin to get in the middle of this, just puttin in my $0.02....

They don't make racing rads for v6 b/c of the auto trans (so i've heard) The regular racing aluminum rads don't have an inlet/outlet for the transmission. So from what I understand, all you gotta do is put in a aluminum rad that fits and is compatible then install a automatic transmission cooler so that the trans line has somewhere to go. Then you should be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back