Need Help Getting More HP..

AirBishop

Reaction score
i reccomend looking at other ppls cars and seeing what they have. pm them about a mod and ask them their preference

if you ask specfic questions (what kind of header is better, 4-2-1 or 4-1?) we will be more helpful than hey what should i put on my car to get hp.

makes sense. thank you. and i have a 4-2-1 DC sports header what exhaust would work well with it

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
i am a firm believer of having an exhaust made for you, custom and you choose your muffler

F23A1AT

Reaction score
You can overbore the f23 but not by much. You really can't tune our cars as they are OBDII is nearly impossible to tune, you'll need to convert to OBDI for tuning. Start by doing the IHE setup then decide where you want to go. Turbo, NA, nitrous, etc. I read through the tech and DIY threads to get my info you will find lots and lots of very useful information in there. Think about a lot I have changed my mind several times already on what I'm going to do.

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
i can't help ya there. i dont know exhaust very well. mine is a 5zigen fireball, but i don't recommend it

AirBishop

Reaction score
You can overbore the f23 but not by much. You really can't tune our cars as they are OBDII is nearly impossible to tune, you'll need to convert to OBDI for tuning. Start by doing the IHE setup then decide where you want to go. Turbo, NA, nitrous, etc. I read through the tech and DIY threads to get my info you will find lots and lots of very useful information in there. Think about a lot I have changed my mind several times already on what I'm going to do.

Thanks. The OBDII is the computer correct? and if so than where can i find the OBDI. and i have thought about the turbo but im worried about turbo lag. I was also wondering if anyone has ever heard anything about putting twin turbos on the f23

AirBishop

Reaction score
i can't help ya there. i dont know exhaust very well. mine is a 5zigen fireball, but i don't recommend it

I was looking at a Megan Racing catback but im not sure. I've also thought about doing dual exhaust but read that you lose power with the 4. any truth in that?

F23A1AT

Reaction score
Yes OBDII is the diagnostic system. If you get the right Turbo, lag wont be too much of an issue. Choosing the right one will all be up to you and what you Want from the car. As for a TT setup I as well as many other will recommend against it. It is pointless on a small engine such as the f23.

AirBishop

Reaction score
Yes OBDII is the diagnostic system. If you get the right Turbo, lag wont be too much of an issue. Choosing the right one will all be up to you and what you Want from the car. As for a TT setup I as well as many other will recommend against it. It is pointless on a small engine such as the f23.

roger that.

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
Thanks. The OBDII is the computer correct? and if so than where can i find the OBDI. and i have thought about the turbo but im worried about turbo lag. I was also wondering if anyone has ever heard anything about putting twin turbos on the f23

twin turbos would be interesting, but not a reality. to change to obd-i, you must change computers(ecu) and change some componets. we have a thread on that as well on here

turbo lag is realative to the turbo. small turbo + our beefy f23= no lag = 225hp ish. big turbo = some lag 260-280hp

I was looking at a Megan Racing catback but im not sure. I've also thought about doing dual exhaust but read that you lose power with the 4. any truth in that?

do not do dual exhaust. its un pleasing to the eye and yes, it may cause a loss in hp. i would not get megan, i would get apex'i or borla. but that is up to you

Back