neeh help..asap

JOEYSACCORD

Reaction score
so today i go off to work and my motor wont go past 4,000 rpms its like its hitting the rev limiter..in all gears it does it????the rest of my car runs fine..any ideas???ive been messing with it all day i feel like its something with my ecu???

CanadianEh48

Reaction score
your probly throwing a CEL code 22 VTEC Malfunction. check your oil level. top up between the two marks on the dip stick. disconnect your battery for 5 minutes. reconnect. it will clear all codes.

rep?:leeann:

JOEYSACCORD

Reaction score
just got an oil change oil level is good reset ecu no luck..check engine light is on but its cuz i got no ..:ughrun:

CanadianEh48

Reaction score
did you check the oil level yourself, or are you assuming it good becasue youve had an oil change done.

just sayin...

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
If your oil level is good, take off your vtec solenoid. Make sure the shaft under the solenoid isnt sticking. The vtec solenoid is right under the fuel rail on the passenger side of the engine. It is also in front of the EGR valve system, under the valve cover breather lines that go to your intake system. Its held on by two bolts. Once you get it off, see if you can push the rod down and up. If its sticky, spray some throttle body cleaner or put a little bit of automatic tranny fluid and push the rod down and let it spring back up.

I would take a pic, but I dont have time.

GL

Back