neeh help..asap

JOEYSACCORD

Reaction score
so today i scaned my ecu and its throwing a p1259 code..vtec right..so im gonna go clean out the solenoid..see wut happens???? and yea i checked my oil personally clean as a whistle

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
the cleanliness of the oil doesnt matter, its the level. if the oil is too low, you dont go over 4k rpm. but if your oils fine, then def check out the solenoid.

JOEYSACCORD

Reaction score
oil is good and i took off the solenoid and cleaned it well..that lil lever that springs up and down is working fine but i cleaned it up put a few drops of trans oil and put it back together ..then i unplugged the battery ate my big carln then fired her up and still doing the same thing..????? should i buy a solenoid??any one know how much??

finch13

Reaction score
Should probably double check the VTEC pressure switch before loading a solenoid into the parts shotgun.

You'll need a multimeter to do this:

VTEC Pressure Switch Diagnosis
1. Measure the resistance across the VTEC pressure switch terminals (has the round 2 pin connector), it should read something. Anything under infinity or "OL" is good. OL would indicate an open circuit in the switch, replace it.

2. Check for 12V between pin 2 (BLU/BLK wire) and ground (engine block). If none, there is an open or short to ground between the switch and ECU.

3. Check for 12V between pins in the switch connector (wire harness) terminals. If none, there is an open in the ground wire or a corroded connection. The ground is on the right side of the upper intake manifold (opposite of throttle body), next to the intake air temp sensor.

If all checks out, grab a known good ECU and recheck.

VTEC Solenoid Valve Diagnosis
1. Measure resistance (Ω) between terminal on solenoid and ground (engine block). Should have 14-30Ω. If no, replace the solenoid valve.

2. There are some other diagnosis steps, but it's pretty in depth and you need special tools.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Should probably double check the VTEC pressure switch before loading a solenoid into the parts shotgun.

VTEC Pressure Switch Diagnosis
1. Measure the resistance across the VTEC pressure switch terminals (has the round 2 pin connector), it should read something. Anything under infinity or "OL" is good. OL would indicate an open circuit in the switch, replace it.

2. Check for 12V between pin 2 (BLU/BLK wire) and ground (engine block). If none, there is an open or short to ground between the switch and ECU.

3. Check for 12V between pins in the switch connector (wire harness) terminals. If none, there is an open in the ground wire or a corroded connection. The ground is on the right side of the upper intake manifold (opposite of throttle body), next to the intake air temp sensor.

If all checks out, grab a known good ECU and recheck.

VTEC Solenoid Valve Diagnosis
1. Measure resistance (Ω) between terminal on solenoid and ground (engine block). Should have 14-30Ω. If no, replace the solenoid valve.

2. There are some other diagnosis steps, but it's pretty in depth and you need special tools.

you Go* damn automotive encyclopedia, I could never keep up with you lol. :D

Im hoping the OP knows or has a multimeter to use.

finch13

Reaction score
I just have access to the service info... it's not like I figured out what the specs should be. :D

MikeyMike

Reaction score
should probably double check the vtec pressure switch before loading a solenoid into the parts shotgun.

vtec pressure switch diagnosis
1. Measure the resistance across the vtec pressure switch terminals (has the round 2 pin connector), it should read something. Anything under infinity or "ol" is good. Ol would indicate an open circuit in the switch, replace it.

2. Check for 12v between pin 2 (blu/blk wire) and ground (engine block). If none, there is an open or short to ground between the switch and ecu.

3. Check for 12v between pins in the switch connector (wire harness) terminals. If none, there is an open in the ground wire or a corroded connection. The ground is on the right side of the upper intake manifold (opposite of throttle body), next to the intake air temp sensor.

If all checks out, grab a known good ecu and recheck.

vtec solenoid valve diagnosis

+1

and i could be wrong (i dont have a 00-02 ecu, nor a 98-99 lmao) but dont the 01-02 go into "limp mode" with a CEL?? thought i remembered someone saying that before

JOEYSACCORD

Reaction score
so today i put in a new vtech oil press. switch and like majic my cg is healtheir than ever p1259 code went away and car revs over 4k...

thanks for the help guys

Back