new sub setup

swollen_cu

Reaction score
here's mines.. my amps are mounted under my seats though..

DSCN0590.jpg

DSCN0593.jpg

DSCN0595.jpg

my floor mats cover half of the amp, so the amps dont show then the floor mats are there

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
are they visible from outside the car? like...can you tell what they are? :skurred:

when i was working on mine, i even went so far as to re-route the wires on the sides since they were peeking out from between the rear cushions. and especially...i have my trunk locked down, 100%. there's only 1 way to get into it without a key cause the remote doesn't work all the time. that's my little secret in case my keys ever end up in the trunk :whip_001:

swollen_cu

Reaction score
are they visible from outside the car? like...can you tell what they are? :skurred:

when i was working on mine, i even went so far as to re-route the wires on the sides since they were peeking out from between the rear cushions. and especially...i have my trunk locked down, 100%. there's only 1 way to get into it without a key cause the remote doesn't work all the time. that's my little secret in case my keys ever end up in the trunk :whip_001:

No they arent visible from outside OR inside the car.. I pulled the floormats up just to take the picture.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
ahhh

id still be nervous having anything like that visible, personally. by that i mean..."covering" anything up or showing anything abnormal. good thing my head unit looks "average" or i'd have to worry about that...

lashlee

Reaction score
Looks good ryan!!! Maybe one of these days I'll post the pics of where I rebuilt the trunk of my accord, I had to get rid of the painted fiberglass for something I can use!!

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
thanks! i'm looking forward to seeing what you did...this sub-forum is kinda lacking with good stuff even though plenty of members have upgraded stereos...

bluiezaccord

Reaction score
wow sounds like a good deal. what components are you running? i heard the pg rsd components are really good for the price.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
i currently have mb quart rce216's up front. the RSd 6" components were on sale at amazon (NOT 6.5") but they were sold out like a week into the sale since they were like $40 shipped. they retail for about $90...cheap enough to buy a set to mess with, and like the RSd sub, could be used in an HT/garage/basement setup if not good enough for the car.

at this point...i think i'm going to save up for a good set of PG Elites or something similar (almost identical to a Morel set). buy one good set, tune well, dampen, and be done messing around with ****ty speakers.

its a fun hobby, but no so much when you only have one car to drive. and i refuse to drive without music :poke: and i hate to have masses of unused things sapping my money and space...

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
thanks...its really nice to be able to have full control over every piece of your design. everything is so snug...and mid-way through i decided to add the MDF floor so that raised the box by almost 3"...buying pre-made i would have been screwed. (it was raised so much because the sub floor "sags" in the middle since the stock carpet is only supported at the front, back, and spare tire.)

Back