Newb from Central Ohio

Ron505

Reaction score
Just checking in. Was informed about this forum over at HAF. Great to find a more specific site for info.

BTW, I just got my first Accord in April. Lovin it so far.

Also, it seems like my connection is extremely slow. Is this typical?

Last edited:

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
welcome to the site, your first mod shud be to make it a 5speed or sell it and get a 5 speed. Between 98-2002 all honda accord automatic transmissions were recalled. If u look on here anyone who had an auto had problems and swapped their tranny because they had invested too much already into the car. This WILL be the best advice someone has given you yet on this site. Anyone who disagrees hasnt been on this site long enough. I only wish I got a 5speed before i did all this work to mine. Now im stuck with an autotragic ready to die. Waiting on a 5 speed swap in Jan. =) Sorry to burst your bubble, but im just being str8 foward with u

Ron505

Reaction score
Thanks, I have heard the horror stories about the auto transmissions. I'll cross that bridge when I have too.

Hey BlkCurrantKord, what's with the trunk lid on your ride. That is one thing I really dislike about my car is the rear tailights.

I bought this car in the spring from a 76 year old man. It had 105k on it, and had dings and scratched everywhere. I have had the dings removed, scratches touched up, and paint buffed. I've put 20k on it this year. I'd like to lower it just a tad, and put some rims on it sometime.

I'm having trouble shrinking my photos down to the right size....

Mojeans69

Reaction score
welcome to the site, your first mod shud be to make it a 5speed or sell it and get a 5 speed. Between 98-2002 all honda accord automatic transmissions were recalled. If u look on here anyone who had an auto had problems and swapped their tranny because they had invested too much already into the car. This WILL be the best advice someone has given you yet on this site. Anyone who disagrees hasnt been on this site long enough. I only wish I got a 5speed before i did all this work to mine. Now im stuck with an autotragic ready to die. Waiting on a 5 speed swap in Jan. =) Sorry to burst your bubble, but im just being str8 foward with u

Ummm I don't think it should be the 1st mod definately something to look into down the road specially if it has no problems...I didn't know all the auto trannies has ben recalled for the 6th gens I thoiught it was only the 01s-02s I have an auto and wen I first got the notice I started doin neutral drops like crazy.....hey I was gettin a new one for free :thumbsup: but anyway welcome to the site..you will enjoy ur stay here

SykVSyx

Reaction score
The recalls were for the 98-01's, by 02, they pretty much had the problem taken care of.

The first thing to do is drop the car, not do a 5spd swap. Baby steps.........:squintwave:

Quicksilvercord

Reaction score

I like how you talk like your an O.G. on the site. When clearly your not.

I'd say do a drop first.

Honestly it really depends on how far dude wants to go in terms of modding his car.

Back