Newb from Central Ohio

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
I like how you talk like your an O.G. on the site. When clearly your not.

I'd say do a drop first.

Honestly it really depends on how far dude wants to go in terms of modding his car.

I wouldnt claim to be an OG on any forums. Im very straight forward. I am sorry you arent capable of understanding my advice to the new member. He has a car with a recalled transmission and eventually when he has invested "X" amount of money in his car it could have been for a transmission swap. Since the automatic he has is in good condition Im sure some other 6thgen accord member wouldnt mind buying that off him and reducing the cost of his swap. You could probably sell it pretty quick for a few hundred bucks. Since some people on here want to sell their car but their automatic is blown. But what the hell am I talking about man. It doesnt make any logical sense at all, your right. Drop the car first.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
I have installed Altezz tail lights, and the next mod will be the drop. Did the recall fix the issue, or just a temporary bandage? How can I tell if mine has been done?

Thanks for the input guys.

I dont know how u could tell if its been replaced or not. Best thing would be to ask the previous owner. If he was in his 70's im sure he never took the car past 3,000rpms anyways haha. I guess if your not going to do your swap now, then maintain your tranny compulsively. I got about 111,000 miles out of mine before mine started to leak and slam into second gear. I dont drive very hard either and I always kept my tranny fluid clean. You should keep your stock tail's. Altezz looks cheap to me. I put my stock ones back on. I saw someone install custom L.E.D's and it looked very nice. Blkcurrantkord has nice tail-lights on his coupe. I love the coupes by the way. Good-luck

Ron505

Reaction score
I agree, my Altezza'a look cheap, and are cheap. I had to silicone all the way around them to keep them from leaking. I don't mind the outer tail lights, but the center part looks like cheap crap (but, you get what you pay for). I'm thinking of painting my center section to match the car. Anyone ever attempted that? Pics?

thejameshimself

Reaction score
There was NEVER a transmission recall on the Accords.

But there was a lawsuit and Honda did start repairing cars that were out of warranty. They only do recalls on stuff deemed life threatening.

Semantics aside, most people start with a drop.

Last edited:

thejameshimself

Reaction score
My Chevy truck had a recall on the tailgate straps.....:poke:

"NHTSA-issued automotive recalls are generally safety-related defects that exist in a motor vehicle or an item of automotive equipment that poses a risk to motor vehicle safety. In other words, for a recall to be issued, there must be a safety risk. Examples include steering components that could fail, engine problems that could lead to a fire, electrical problems that might cause the engine to stall, or seatbelts that don't meet specific safety standards."

no idea about the tailgate straps

Back