Noob Intake help?!

xJx

Reaction score
ghetto tip:

tape some duct tape on the line itself under the intake pipe to prevent rubbing

lol i dont care if its ghetto as long as it works and its safe because i have no idea how the mounting bracket works ir where it goes....what if i used electrical tape?

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
actually i meant wrapping the ac line with a few layers of duct tape, should have clarified

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
lol i dont care if its ghetto as long as it works and its safe because i have no idea how the mounting bracket works ir where it goes....what if i used electrical tape?

Electrical tape does not like heat and will get all sticky and nasty. Use duct tape, it will hold better and longer.

xJx

Reaction score
Zip ties become brittle with the engine bay heat and break over time. Badger had a better idea of just putting some duct tape where the intake touches the A/C line.

Now that you have an intake, when you turn off your car after running hard, you now might smell some residual exhaust gases mixed with a little oil. It comes out from your PCV vavle or your breather tubes from your Valve cover. It's normal, unless you have a lot of oil built up inside your intake tube after time.

ok so the smell i smelt is normal? nothing to really worry about? hope so..:skurred:

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
Number One Rule Of Ghetto Fixes:

99% of all problems can be fixed with 2 Items, Duct Tape or Hammer

If it moves and shouldn't, duct tape

if its stuck and should move, hammer

xJx

Reaction score
Electrical tape does not like heat and will get all sticky and nasty. Use duct tape, it will hold better and longer.

ok thanks definitaly wil use duck tape

Last edited:

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
ok so the smell i smelt is normal? nothing to really worry about? hope so..:skurred:

It's normal to smell a little bit. Especially after running hard, but to be 100% I'd have to see your car. The only thing you can do it check your oil level when your car sits over night. If it's fine and not going down, then you don't need to lose sleep over anything. :afro:

Last edited:

C_S_L

Reaction score
Instead of wrapping a thick layer of duck tape, cut 2 inch of that rubber tube that comes with the intake pipe. You know the tube that you connect to the intake pipe to the engine. When I got mine it was like 12 inches long. After you cut a small portion off, split it down the middle. Then just push it down on the a/c pipe. It will naturally contour to it. Then if you want duck tape it down, for me I use small zip ties on both side. Here's a picture of what Im talking about.

As you can see I replace the intake pipe back to stock cause I was getting tired of it. There was alot of rubbing on it but it didnt damage either parts.
DSC08542.jpg

Last edited:

xJx

Reaction score
Instead of wrapping a thick layer of duck tape, cut 2 inch of that rubber tube that comes with the intake pipe. You know the tube that you connect to the intake pipe to the engine. When I got mine it was like 12 inches long. After you cut a small portion off, split it down the middle. Then just push it down on the a/c pipe. It will naturally contour to it. Then if you want duck tape it down, for me I use small zip ties on both side. Here's a picture of what Im talking about.

As you can see I replace the intake pipe back to stock cause I was getting tired of it. There was alot of rubbing on it but it didnt damage either parts.
DSC08542.jpg

thats a good idea too! didnt think of that ill try that out.

Back