O2 hittin the bottom of my car

Akingkhan

Reaction score
I've been hearing a knock under my car ever since I dropped it all the way down n recently I had a CEL so I ran the code n it was my o2 sensor. So the next day I picked up the front of the car w/ a forklift n took a look at the sensors. The 1 b4 the cat had been hitting under the car n grounded out the sensor / toasted it. I was just wondering if any 1 els has ever ran in 2 this problem? If so what was ur solution?

I was thinking of relocating the o2 (putting it at a 45* instead of pointing straight up) so I wouldn't have this problem any more.

Any input?

Frisky Arab

Reaction score
Not sure which O2 sensor there is that points towards the ground, but relocation sounds like it could work. And you picked your car up with a forklift? 0_0

Akingkhan

Reaction score
The top of the sensor is hittin the bottom of my car. N I don't know of any jack that I could fit under my car

Frisky Arab

Reaction score
The top of the sensor is hittin the bottom of my car. N I don't know of any jack that I could fit under my car

I see. Well I don't see any reason why relocating it to the side of the exhaust pipe would cause a problem. As long as it is done right and isn't pushed too far in or out then you should be good. Unless your exhaust is constantly dragging on the ground though, I don't understand how your O2 would be smashing up against the car. My car is really low, and I smash my exhaust on stuff all the time, but my O2 sensors are just fine.

001Stunna

Reaction score
the o2 in the cat.converter is usually at somewhat between a 45deg and 90 deg angle. For it to hit the frame of the car it means your converter is hitting the ground and moving up quite a lot...hence causing the o2 to hit the underside of the car.

if someone, prior to you ever replaced the converter they might've not placed it in at the correct angle though

Yes you can move it...by spinning the cat. Do not drill a new hole on the cat.converter as you will have no idea if you're penetrating the substrate or not.

Akingkhan

Reaction score
I wish I would have taken pics of it while I had it up oh well. Looks like a hi flow cat is in my future!!

Akingkhan

Reaction score
Up date O2 sensor in the cat is hitting the anti sway bar so am I fu€ked or can I put shorter bolts in the anti sway bar 2 get it up where it should b. n it hits @ idle more then any thing

Back