O2 hittin the bottom of my car

001Stunna

Reaction score
Up date O2 sensor in the cat is hitting the anti sway bar so am I fu€ked or can I put shorter bolts in the anti sway bar 2 get it up where it should b. n it hits @ idle more then any thing

Huhh:wtf1:
o2 sensor hitting the swaybar?
shorter bolts on swaybar?

Stop drinking and smoking the cheap stuff before posting lolz

Akingkhan

Reaction score
Huhh:wtf1:
o2 sensor hitting the swaybar?
shorter bolts on swaybar?

Stop drinking and smoking the cheap stuff before posting lolz

K the stabilizer bar that I called the anti sway bar
Shorter bolts would b the stabilizer link

MY BAD 4 not using the correct names 4 those things under the car

001Stunna

Reaction score
K the stabilizer bar that I called the anti sway bar
Shorter bolts would b the stabilizer link

MY BAD 4 not using the correct names 4 those things under the car

What swaybar are you using? Are you saying your o2sensor(in the cat.converter) is somehow reaching over and hitting the swaybar?

Akingkhan

Reaction score
:eusa_doh: It's the stock lower stabilizer bar the 1 that's right above the catalytic converter u know the 1 that's hittin my fu€kin o2 sensor!!:madrun:

001Stunna

Reaction score
:eusa_doh: It's the stock lower stabilizer bar the 1 that's right above the catalytic converter u know the 1 that's hittin my fu€kin o2 sensor!!:madrun:

Hmmm...in my '99 sedan, my o2 sensor and stock front sway bar are long far away from one another. I don't see how your o2 is reaching over to your swaybar.

Any pics of this...

Akingkhan

Reaction score
My car is low the lower the suspension the lower the sway bar goes + my car rubbin on driveways & every thing els = my o2 sensor hitting the freekin sway bar :wtf1:
So that is my dilemma. So what I would like 2 know is, can I make my stabilizer links shorter?

001Stunna

Reaction score
My car is low the lower the suspension the lower the sway bar goes + my car rubbin on driveways & every thing els = my o2 sensor hitting the freekin sway bar :wtf1:
So that is my dilemma. So what I would like 2 know is, can I make my stabilizer links shorter?

What are you talking about... The swaybar is bolted down with brackets to the frame of the car. You know when you lower your car..everything goes down right...The exhaust doesn't miraculously stay at one height and the cars body gets closer to it.

I don't see how your o2 sensor is hitting the swaybar, unless you have fawked with your exhaust and installed the cat.converter wayyyy in front. Your o2 sensor might be hitting the cars frame if you are hitting your converter and causing it to move up...but even then the o2 is installed sideways or at a slight angle usually.

Pic of what your underside SHOULD look like...
underfront2.jpg

As you can see the front sway bar is placed right before the converter even begins, and the swaybar is bolted down.

Last edited:

Akingkhan

Reaction score
What are you talking about... The swaybar is bolted down with brackets to the frame of the car. You know when you lower your car..everything goes down right...The exhaust doesn't miraculously stay at one height and the cars body gets closer to it.

I don't see how your o2 sensor is hitting the swaybar, unless you have fawked with your exhaust and installed the cat.converter wayyyy in front. Your o2 sensor might be hitting the cars frame if you are hitting your converter and causing it to move up...but even then the o2 is installed sideways or at a slight angle usually.

The anti sway bar is bolted 2 the lower control arm. It IS also bolted 2 the cars sub frame W bushings that allow it 2 pivot. Now what part of all that don't u get?

Akingkhan

Reaction score
Pic of what your underside SHOULD look like...
underfront2.jpg

As you can see the front sway bar is placed right before the converter even begins, and the swaybar is bolted down.

1. That's a v6 2. It's stock 3. It's in the fu€kin air

U see that big bend in the middle of it? That pivots! did u know that n the higher the suspension travels up the lower that big bend goes down witch causes my o2 sensor 2 hit it!

I can see that u have no idea what I'm talkin about seeing that u don't nearly have as low of a car as I do

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back