OBX vs Megan

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
cdubb and i both have the megan muffler with custom cat back piping. idk about him, but i know i dont think mines loud. like, yea, its an aftermarket exhaust, and yes its got sound to it, and it can be loud, but its not like "rattling my head to give me a headache" loud.

Hush

Reaction score
Yah i know that when you get a cat back it'll sound louder then stock, but i hear very very good things about the apexi ws2 but its just to much thats why i looked at megan, but if its so loud that it'll give you a headache or its annoying i wouldn't get it.

cdubb77

Reaction score
I'm satisfied with my Megan muffler. Not too loud. It's honestly more loud in the car than outside. I don't even use the silencer anymore. :rolleyes:

klnyc

Reaction score
Hi cdubb77

My 1st post here. Here's very shorty story(dont want HJ this thread). I had my DC sport ceramic header for 5 years. Until this weekend I tried to remove the primary O2 sensor. This F* are soo tight, it wont budge at all. As more I put pressure on it, I can see the flexi pipe start twist and the 02 adapter to start twist aswell. I know if I keep it up,I will break those 2 things.

Anyway, I saw you have Megan header and the 02 sensor it been RELOCATED on the top of runner. Does the Megan has the OEM 02 sensor bung on the bottom the B pipe?

edit: remove some wording. Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks
ken

Last edited:

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
I have a Megan header also, and there's no wire extensions needed for the primary O2 sensor. It bolts right up to the header on either available hole

klnyc

Reaction score
Bah sorry very dumb of me. My DC header came with the extension. Bah, I totally forgot about thist sh!t. See, thats how long ago :mad:

Okay, does the Megan has the 02 adapter on the bottom pipe? If not, then I would have to re-route the extension back to normal spot.

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
It does have it on the flexpipe. But it's not necessary to re-route the 2nd O2 sensor. That one is on the cat itself.

klnyc

Reaction score
Acutally the primary o2 sensor its going needed to go back to the top. The cat(2ndry going stay). Yeah anyway, I'm get one from ebay today.
If it comes by friday, I post up the old DC sport and the new Megan.

cdubb77

Reaction score
Thanks Blacknight for answering his questions. Blacknight & I had our headers installed at the same shop at the same time so he's knowledgeable. You'll love the Megan headers. No problems.

Back