WTB: OEM side underspoilers

Brad2274

Reaction score
so...what happened to your side skirt?
dun got whacked
Flying truck tire split my passenger sideskirt, smeared my front lip and bumper with rubber marks, and destroyed some of the underbody aero panels and fender liner. ****ing highway debris.

Not sure if the sideskirt is repairable. Front lip may need a new clearbra, not sure if that can be buffed. Will have to replace aero panels and fender liner. Hopefully the bumper will clean up.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^Yea, it ruined my night...had to fake a smile meeting up with my wife's family lol. There was no truck in sight, the tire scrap was just on the road, someone threw it up after they ran over it, and it came flying at me. Tried to swerve, maybe it would have been better to hit it head on instead, I don't know. Either way I guess driving a lowered car was going to get me sooner or later.

I'll post up some pics when I clean it up this weekend. I dread taking off the sideskirt.

Chris, tell ya what. Give me two weeks, I'll meet you halfway in C-bus when it's my next weekend off. I have the OE lip kit sides, brand new in the box, in san marino red with directions, etc. And I'll bring the intake with me. We can work out a deal.

Just make sure you have a big enough vehicle b/c the box is pretty big. Let me know if there's anything else you want. I have the rear lip too, in DEP, also BNIB. I was really hoping to have another BCP coupe one day but it's getting harder and harder to find one. So I might as well get rid of some of this stuff.

Text me if you want - I won't have cell service after 8am Thurs - 330-990-9235

Dang that's crazy. Shoot me the box dimensions if you get a chance, it wouldn't fit in my car with the back/front passenger seat folded down? My parents live in Cbus so I could stop there and get my Dad's van if needed.

I'll hit you up, thanks Greg.

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Yeah. The mere fact that someone has a pair of sides BNIB is unheard of in itself. And ridiculous that they’re in the color I need.

Talk about luck…

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I'll get a photo of the crack tonight.

temporary_zps758e0765.jpg

temporary_zpsc90bda85.jpg

temporary_zpsfc713856.jpg

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
It looks like the clear-bra really protected the front lip well. Good thing that it was only smeared. When you remove the clear-bra, your front lip should look like brand new, no? I'm curious to see if it can be buffed off, but others may tell you to just remove & reapply it b/c that's the whole point of protecting a piece when something like this happens.
temporary_zps758e0765.jpg

I see pretty much nothing but the rubber markings. All of those black markings can be buffed off, but some minor scratches on the clear coating may be remained.
temporary_zpsc90bda85.jpg

Weren't your side skirts clear-bra'd also? The paint should not be coming off like that w/ the clear-bra... Well, it looks like it needs to be repainted, but it's hard to determine if it's cost effective to do it w/o seeing the crack you'll be showing.
temporary_zpsfc713856.jpg

If I were you, I'd get those sides from Mr. BlkCurrantKord, and restore your current one(s) and keep them as a spare set. It'll be sweet, if those skirts will paint-match your car right away.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Sucks about that damage, especially with the paint.

Agreed, I would keep the parts and get them repaired/painted to have as a spare set.

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
Chris, tell ya what. Give me two weeks, I'll meet you halfway in C-bus when it's my next weekend off. I have the OE lip kit sides, brand new in the box, in san marino red with directions, etc. And I'll bring the intake with me. We can work out a deal.

Just make sure you have a big enough vehicle b/c the box is pretty big. Let me know if there's anything else you want. I have the rear lip too, in DEP, also BNIB. I was really hoping to have another BCP coupe one day but it's getting harder and harder to find one. So I might as well get rid of some of this stuff.

Text me if you want - I won't have cell service after 8am Thurs - 330-990-9235

Sorry I just saw this, but I'd be interested in the rear lip in DEP, if still available

Back