OEM wing

F23A1AT

Reaction score
Just picked up a wing for my sedan, I'm not too sure if I know how to install it right. help plz.

finch13

Reaction score
handa-accessories.com, look for your spoiler, click "View Installation Instructions", read, read again, install.

Basically drill the 4 holes and screw it in. connect the brake light to the high mount brake light connector that currently connected you your 3rd brake light.

F23A1AT

Reaction score
Why would I need to remove the springs??? I got it off the bay, the said it was OEM, since I got my hood and bumper cover from them I assumed they would send an enitire(and proper) kit. I got these weird little black sticks w/ holes in them said to tape 'em on and drill away. Also no wiring clip, since I wont need the third light on my shelf anymore should I salvage that clip?

simon_y

Reaction score
If the spoiler you picked up is true OEM, the open your trunk and near the edge of the left and right side, you will see 2 dimples on each side. That's where you drill it for the spoiler. But to make sure, its best to measure also.

As for the LED brake light, I went to Honda and bought a spoiler harness (I think that's what it's called), unplug your 3rd brake light and plug the harness into 3rd brake light connector. The other end, you'll need to cut and solder it (Depending if it's OE or not) I think OEM just plugs right in. If not then make sure you get the polarity right for the LED's.

Then zip tie everything to the inside of the trunk.

finch13

Reaction score
1) The spoiler comes with heavy duty springs, because the stock ones aren't strong enough to "pop" the trunk. I run the regular ones and they're fine, just no "pop"

2) How long are the sticks? They might be the springs

3) There a little "bubbles" on the trunk where you center punch and drill with a 3mm, 6mm, then 8mm bit. You must centerpunch the bubbles! Then make a template to find where the 5th hole goes (for the wires).

4) There should be a wire coming out of the spoiler that plugs into the connector that used to plug into the high mount light in the rear window.

Hope this helps.

F23A1AT

Reaction score
1) The spoiler comes with heavy duty springs, because the stock ones aren't strong enough to "pop" the trunk. I run the regular ones and they're fine, just no "pop"

2) How long are the sticks? They might be the springs

3) There a little "bubbles" on the trunk where you center punch and drill with a 3mm, 6mm, then 8mm bit. You must centerpunch the bubbles! Then make a template to find where the 5th hole goes (for the wires).

4) There should be a wire coming out of the spoiler that plugs into the connector that used to plug into the high mount light in the rear window.

Hope this helps.

About 5 inches long, could I pull my wiring clip off of my third light and just transfer it over or would that cause an electrical issue? I haz no clip on the end of the wire just bare metal

finch13

Reaction score
It wont transfer over... the male connector goes right into the bulb holder, you need the female connector.

The sticks you speak of sound like zip ties.

EDIT: You can just cut the connector off and butt splice the wires together.

F23A1AT

Reaction score
Here is a pic of the wiring that I got and one of those sticks
100_2180.jpg
[/IMG]

F23A1AT

Reaction score
I know what zip ties look like got some of those too. I think these are the templates for the holes. I think I supposed to put these in the spoiler and them fit it on the trunk lid then tape them down and drill. Another thing, is the connecting edge of the spoiler a large flat area that sits on the trunk lid? I was under the impression that it was supposed to be slightly elevated on some kind of "foot"

Back