Oil Recommendations

jonblizz

Reaction score
Sup Fellas,
My baby just hit 100k miles this weekend and i started thinking about where im going with my ride. The engine burns a little oil , took to the stealership and they said these things just start to happen when the car gets older.Also one of my best friends who is a mechanic confirmed that cars start burning oil as they get older. I read somewhere that switching to a synthetic oil will make the engine last longer and burn less oil. so i was wondering should i go with a full synthetic oil or a synthetic blend? i figured i cant be the only person who is considering this option. What synthetic or blend do you guys use?

iHazSnail

Reaction score
at 100K, you should stick to what you normally use. Switching to synthetic could actually end up doing more harm

finch13

Reaction score
x2. Most synth oils don't have a few minerals that dino oil has to make the seals swell and can actually shrink your seals and cause leaks.

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
yall do realize tht when these hondas rolled out the factory, they had synthetic oil in them?

Jeremiah

Reaction score
I switched from regular valvoline to Mobil 1 two years ago, motor was at 115,xxx, motor is now at 135,xxx, and still doesn't burn oil. (Also have a turbo on it).

polea009

Reaction score
My ride has 152,xxx and i use regular oil i was jus thinkin of changing it to syn, but im jus gonna stick with the regular one
Is it the best choice or should i put mobil 1!!!???!!

Back