OK another STUPID headlight retrofit question

finch13

Reaction score
Wetsanding is key to getting the lights clear... I think my final sanding was 600 or 1200 grit followed up with Meguire's PlastX polish. Clear as day, but sanding the inside lines is a pain, as Darryl has already found out. Best bet for no line lenses is to fit TYC lenses on the OEM backings.

kn106518

Reaction score
If you are trying to remove the lines, you have to sand the inside and the outside of the lens. And you cant ONLY sand it down, you need to apply cutting paste to the lens afterwards, if not you wont be able to see through your headlight at all, if you sanded right that is. Autozone sells a really nice product called Blue Magic, it's readily available all the time at the store and its not too expensive.

OK i'm sorry, i kind of a little confuse here, so i have to buy cutting paste? i went to autozone today to pick up BLUE MAGIC stuff like you say, but is it the BLUE MAGIC HEADLIGHT LENS RESTORER? do i have to buy blue magic and cutting paste? cause right now the headlight lens looks kind of blure, and i sand it and i put rubbing compound and PLASTIC X too.

kn106518

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Farecla-G3-Po...14&_trkparms=72:1683|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

DO i have to buy this too?

THIS IS WHAT I JUST BOUGHT

DSC00001.jpg

IS THIS THE SAME AS PLASTIC X?

Last edited:

kn106518

Reaction score
here is what i do right, i sand outside 1000, 1500, 2000 grid right, then the inside i used 400, 600, 800, 1000, 1500, 2000 grid. then i use the rubbing compound, then the turtle wax, then the plastic X.
DSC00007.jpg

and this is what i got,
DSC00008.jpg

DSC00009.jpg

HERE IS THE ONE WITHOUT SANDING
DSC00010.jpg

CLEARLY I **** UP BIG TIME, so i was thinking maybe i should spray some CLEAR COAT on the sanding headlight len so to make it shiny again, how about that?

kn106518

Reaction score
Projector color mod?

ok, i just retro fit my headlight with G35 projector right. and ok it ****, the cut off like isn't clear and the color is crap ok. i understand that i have to change the lens cause the stock lens isn't clear one. so i was looking at 300zx lens right. THAT is clear lens right ok, so what the hell is color mod? i came across that somewhere on here. but don't know what that mean/

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
Re: Projector color mod?

if you want some 300zx lenses...let me know...

the color mod on the g/f infiniti projectors involves bending the shield closest to the bulb towards the bulb.

with the ZX lenses in there and properly spaced, you wont need to worry about messing with the shields.

kn106518

Reaction score

so with ZX lens i don't need to bend the shield? how do you make the shield closer to the bulbs? all that i could do is bend the shield backward and forward, can't really move the lens closer to the bulbs. bend the shield backward make the shield kind of bend upward too, and that make the cutoff like curve down not straight anymore.

kn106518

Reaction score

and why can't i see these 300ZX lens on ebay? doesn't it go by another name? is it from the NISAN 300ZX projector?

Last edited:

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score

errrrrrrrr wait...there was something to do with the dual shields...it might have been cutting the "front" one off :thinking: its been such a long time...ive forgotten so much...

yeah the lenses are from 90-96 nissan 300zx. they were from the OEM halogen projectors.

ill get back to you with a price tomorrow...i have a pair ready to go but i think i have a single floating around as well...

Back