OK another STUPID headlight retrofit question

kn106518

Reaction score
Re: Projector color mod?

how much are they? i see some clear lens on ebay too. so with the color mod, i just need to cut off the front shield? well the G35 shield has 2 layers, so cut the layer closer to the projector? and keep the one near the bulb?

swollen_cu

Reaction score
good luck with those cheap ebay D2S bulbs.. they run at a higher temperature than OEM phillips bulbs and will burn up your projector bowl. There are threads all over hidplanet.com explaining them. You can use any ballast you want, but please use OEM quality/replacement bulbs or any bulbs that meet OE specs.

kn106518

Reaction score
nar nar, those idea of ebay bulb are dead man, i don't go that route anymore, i'm going OEM bulb and clear lens now with maybe hopefully i can fine another pair of cheap aftermarket projector for the clear headlight lens

kn106518

Reaction score
QUESTION FOR ALL YOU RETRO people out there

this question is for everyone who ever did or do retro their headlight.

DO YOU USE stock housing headlight len? or do you use the clear one from aftermarket projector headlight? and how does the cut off come out when you use stock housing headlight len.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
Re: Projector color mod?

youd have to look it up on hidplanet or something...i really cant remember which shield to cut off. i think its the one closer to the lens.

for the 300zx lenses, you have to put a spacer (like some thin cardboard) in between the lens and lens holder. you also have to find a way to secure the lens holder...most use jb weld for the lens holder ring.

i got a pair of zx lenses...one is perfect, the other has some light scuffs on it. you wont notice them while driving and you wouldnt even see the scuffs unless you put your face up to the headlight with the lights on. then there would just be dark spots. honestly...a dirty headlight lens would hide the spots and even a clean one would mask them. i have pics...$70 shipped

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Please try and keep your retro questions in one thread. No need to make seperate threads just b/c you have a different question.

Back