Ok, started my led project, here are some pics

cirsurvive711

Reaction score
Alright just checking. I usually disconnect the battery while doing any work on the car that's electrical. I'm excited to 'LED my interior this will be my next project.

slaiguy

Reaction score
for the 74-x Wedge Base LED bulb in the clock, can u jus pull out the original bulb and replace, or does it need to be soldered?

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
You can replace it with a bulb that will fit, but rigging it up is tricky - you need to have very steady hands and some patience, or else you will break the contacts on the bulb you are working with. The tricky part is also fitting he resistor into the mount (if you are using the original mount/base). If you use the or original bulb base, no soldering is needed, just bend the contacts around like the original bulb was, and no soldering is needed. If you decide not to use stock bulb base, then you may need to solder.

Last edited:

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
^^ if replacing with LED, solder in a resistor to the LED. If just replacing with incandescent, just a simple swap out.

nyknick1015

Reaction score
i want to do this but when i looked at the prices... i refuse to pay 30 bucks for it... any cheaper places to get the bulbs..

Back