Ok, started my led project, here are some pics

Zero-Defect

Reaction score
Clips break, that's why there's ebay lol... and if you're really lucky there might be some local junkyards with spare parts

H-town_Ryda_06

Reaction score
guys everything you need to know to get proper LED gauges is here

http://v6performance.net/forums/showthread.php?t=148766

I took my own mistakes + the mistakes of those on this thread and here are the results

Picture%20026.jpg

I spent several hours tweaking everything to remove the hot spots, etc

ill be making a full DIY when i have some free time ( 2nd year medical student)

hey so i have a stupid question... when reading thru these diy led threads i see u use red/clear tape to make needles red on guage cluster.. my question is where did u find this tape and can u specify what brand/type to use (or mayb a link) cuz i been searching alot of stores and can only find red electrical tape and red duct tape but no transparent red tape... help plz... thnx

thejameshimself

Reaction score
hey so i have a stupid question... when reading thru these diy led threads i see u use red/clear tape to make needles red on guage cluster.. my question is where did u find this tape and can u specify what brand/type to use (or mayb a link) cuz i been searching alot of stores and can only find red electrical tape and red duct tape but no transparent red tape... help plz... thnx

Hobby Lobby or equivalent. If you scrape them clear you can probably use red tint spray or stained glass spray.

shenaniganz08

Reaction score
Hobby Lobby or equivalent. If you scrape them clear you can probably use red tint spray or stained glass spray.

Dont listen to him, dont EVER remove the paint on the needles.. thats how I screwed up my first set, and I had to purchase a new set from a member.

The paint that is used by honda has the properties of being able to spread the light out evenly on the needle. IF you remove the paint, you will have a needle that is very bright at the center, but will have really crappy light spread ( the problem is really bad on the speedometer needle which is the longest)

The tape I used is clear red tape from a hobby shop. It has reflective flakes in the tape that makes the red brighter, than normal clear red tape

I think its used for model balsa wood airplanes, thats all the info I have on the tape.

Zero-Defect

Reaction score
Dont listen to him, dont EVER remove the paint on the needles.. thats how I screwed up my first set, and I had to purchase a new set from a member.

Actually, you can listen to him. If you apply reflective vinyl to the rear of the needles, it will distribute the light all the way to the tip. That being said, I personally think it's up to the car owner whether they want the light all the way to the tip or not.

ejreams

Reaction score
Is it better to have a larger viewing angle?
90 vs 120?
I was thinkin maybe I'd buy some WLED-x's 9.9k's
for the cluster, any advice?

Zero-Defect

Reaction score
As some of you may know, I'm always changing my mind on how I want my cluster. Well my car's goin to the body shop tomorrow (minor accident, no worries), but got a pic of how my cluster is right now, thought you guys might wanna see
DSC_1055.jpg

DSC_1056.jpg

What do you guys think of the light distribution?

Back