P0420 Bad Cat - defouler?

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
Do you all think the car will pass smog with the old Cat that I just recently removed? Half the mesh inside removed from it?

If there was a problem with the original cat, and according to how strict CA emissions are , then you would fail.
Even if you don't have a CEL on, the emissions would list to high in accordance with the type of vehicle.
Only thing I can suggest is get a new cat or used cat that works

finch13

Reaction score
Made and installed my defouler last night:

P1000037.jpg

P1000038.jpg

P1000039.jpg

Eric, why was it so hard to drill the 1/2" hole? I just stuck it in a vice grip and stood on it while I drill et voila!

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
Eric, why was it so hard to drill the 1/2" hole? I just stuck it in a vice grip and stood on it while I drill et voila!

The drill I used had too much torque and when starting it would catch the little hole in the bolt and twist the vice grips I was using.
After some play I got the hang of it and just went at it.

finch13

Reaction score
Yeah I noticed it didn't want to drill and just plowed through the thing... I knew if I stopped I would probably be ****ed.

It's still worked like charm though! No more 8 year CEL! (My dash board is eerily dark at night... I feel like something is wrong with the car because it doesnt have the CEL anymore lol)

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Yeah I noticed it didn't want to drill and just plowed through the thing... I knew if I stopped I would probably be ****ed.

It's still worked like charm though! No more 8 year CEL! (My dash board is eerily dark at night... I feel like something is wrong with the car because it doesnt have the CEL anymore lol)

LOL your ecu is happy now

Latest posts

Back