pics of non-lowered cars with rims

6THGEN_AI4

xluben said:
are those 18's?i see nothing wrong with this. i think it actually looks good like that.I am i just crazy? :huh: :D

Nope those are 17" 215/45/17

xluben

Reaction score
DarkElegance919 said:
not lowered either...on 18s

type+r+lip+and+shark+fin+009.jpg

wow, i love that look!

you have my car (black 99 accord sedan) with all the mods i was thinking of:

tint
wheels
projectors/hid
red/clear tails

you even de-badged the trim level like i was thinking of doing (i assume it's an lx, just like mine)

(and i still don't think it looks bad on a stock suspension)

but i kinda wanted to do the coupe hood/bumper and put in fog lights, but i like your lip.

is that a 5% tint?

if you ever want to sell the tyc's, hid's, or tail lights let me know :D

xluben

Reaction score
ANDRYCK said:
Nope those are 17" 215/45/17

i actually was directing that towards Sinful, but it's good to know you have the same size wheels/tires i am looking at, and IMO it looks very good on the stock suspension.

DarkElegance919

Reaction score
haha thanks man, i'm trying to keep a clean look, little mods that would kick it up a notch. lol my tints came with the car when i got it along with the debadging, it's purple tint not black btw. it's not as dark as it seems in person imo. sorry, i'm not selling any of those any time soon :D good luck with your car! and you were right, it's a 99 lx! :thumbsup:

Av6916

Reaction score
By having a lower drop you improve in handling and you also get a more aggressive stance. Without a drop and having a bigger size wheel, makes the car look a bit weird since the stance of the car would look a bit raised and the finger gap would be more noticeable. It's not just this site but more like all tuner forums would say the same thing. But if you like it, then you really don't have to agree with what other's say, since in the end, your the one going to be driving the car. Haha good start on the car btw.

cg6boi

Reaction score
lowering isnt nessasary (spelled that wrond didnt i?) but after all is said and done if 2 cars with the same cosmetic mods are right next to eachother but one is dropped the dropped one will always looked better, just that finger gap makes the car look likes its floating then driving, it also has a performance aspect to it, even if your not taking turns aggressively it just feels like you have better control over the car, i always felt that a car should be like an extension of the arm and if you cant feel your arm then well how do u expect to reach out and grab somethin....just my .02

sneak

Reaction score
cg6boi said:
lowering isnt nessasary (spelled that wrond didnt i?) but after all is said and done if 2 cars with the same cosmetic mods are right next to eachother but one is dropped the dropped one will always looked better, just that finger gap makes the car look likes its floating then driving, it also has a performance aspect to it, even if your not taking turns aggressively it just feels like you have better control over the car, i always felt that a car should be like an extension of the arm and if you cant feel your arm then well how do u expect to reach out and grab somethin....just my .02

+1 for cg6boi

i honestly can not imagine any car with aftermarket or stock rims not being dramatically improved by a drop. personally i feel the drop practically makes the car... i used to be like you and not see it as a big deal but i have been enlightened! :peace:

6thGenGirl

Reaction score
xluben said:
i'm thinking of getting some 17's with 215/45/17 tires on them.

i've been told this won't look very good without a drop, but i really don't have any desire to lower my car.

i was hoping for anyone with pictures of accords with rims that have not been lowered.

i have seen a few pics, but it's kind of hard to search for a topic like this.

i think these 17's look very good even without any lowering:

DSCF1020.jpg

more pics/comments would be appreciated.
Wow. Where'd you find that sexy beast?^^^:) In my opinion 17's and no drop still looks 100 times better than just the stock wheels but they do look even better with a drop. I've said before that I'm not getting a drop because I don't want to lose anymore ride quality. I already lost enough by going from 15's to 17's.

cg6boi

Reaction score
as soon as you lower the car even a small bit you will instantly see what the "enlightened" speak of, praise be to the lowered...or in my case the slammed

Back