whip_large.jpg

when I first dropped the car:
005-06a_large.jpg

011-08a_large.jpg

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
xluben said:
i saw a few mentions of pro kits (eibach, correct?), and i was actually thinking of a set of these.

but are they going to cause problems for my shocks? and where's a good place to buy them from?

you should always upgrade the shocks if you lower the car. lowering on stock shocks isnt always a smart thing cuz the shocks arent designed for it. and youll prolly end up doing the work twice. i bought my tokico illuminas off of ebay for a good price. i lowered my car mainly for the handling performance, not entirely for looks. the illuminas have a 5 way adjustable dampener. tokico HP's (blues) are a good shock as well, and id suggest them if you dont care about the adjustability.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Pro kits on the stock shocks usually work. I know a bunch of people who have been using that combo for years. I cut my bumpstops wrong and blew my front strut in days but replaced it with a $50 napa one and have been good for a year. I won't say that your stockers will hold up for sure but most people find they do. I would only stay stock on prokits though.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
I mean, that's his oppinion. My oppinion is that they will probably work for you. My experience is they have worked for me for the last year with the exception of one strut which i blew from hitting a bump way too hard with my bumpstops incorrectly cut. It's a decesion you have to make.

Drop is 1.5in all around.

Av6916

Reaction score
I think you'll be fine if you lower around 1.5 all around with stock shocks and have it still hold up fine. I use to run neuspeed sports with stock shocks and i can say that the ride quality was smoother then stock. Can i ask why it's dumb to lower your car on oem stock rims?

xluben

Reaction score
Av6916 said:
I think you'll be fine if you lower around 1.5 all around with stock shocks and have it still hold up fine. I use to run neuspeed sports with stock shocks and i can say that the ride quality was smoother then stock. Can i ask why it's dumb to lower your car on oem stock rims?
i don't know :confused:

in my mind, it just seems like rims would come first.

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
I had prokit on stock shocks for i think 3 years it was...they never blew...so you would be ok for a could amount of time..if you don't want to be low...atleast get those..1 1/2 inch will make a difference, and the ride will not be worse..

WillT.

Reaction score
Here are a couple pics of my brother's Accord (green) with 16" CL wheels. I believe that his tire size is 215/55 if I'm not mistaken. I hope these help.

DSCF2069.jpg

DSCF2075.jpg

Back