Pioneer

xlino

Reaction score
Hello again you guys. I would like to thank every one that has helped me out and gave me advice. Is because of your tutorials, your help that has made me curious and made me want to learn and mod my car! Thank You

Question!

I installed a Pioneer head unit. Because I have a Pioneer head unit I would like to replace all my speakers Pioneer brand!
What are the sizes for the front and back speakers?
What style Pioneer speakers do you recommend (brand by pioneer)?
I was doing a little research on Component and Coaxial. Is there a big difference in sound? The coaxial has the tweeter in it. And I am trying to avoid the component because I dont want to make holes in the dash to run the cables for the tweeter.
What speakers do i get for the back deck?
If I want better sound in those speakers, how do I run them to an amp? How many channel amp should I get if i want to huck up all 4? or what do you suggest?

I been reading around about this but I cannot focus/understand. Can someone explain to me for dummies?

I currently have a Kenwood 720w hucked up to a 10in kicker.

cmgreensr

Reaction score
You've already answered your component or coaxial question yourself. You want the simplicity of the coaxial and there are plenty that sound great. There is no need to stick with pioneer across the board. Open your options, there is A LOT out there.

danmccormick87

Reaction score
Do not stick with a brand throughout the car, you will regret it and waste money. As far as answers, you've been here a bit and know you should search. The rear are 6X9s, I'd suggest replacing them with a 2-way speaker. The fronts fit 6 1/2s, but you will run into problems with the factory basket and you need to cut out the center to get more depth. I know the EXs have tweeters on the dash. Regardless if you have those or not, I HIGHLY recommend running components, as the factory speaker cover tends to block 60% of the highs coming from coaxials (trust me, I know) and components just tend to sound crisper and cleaner. :beer:

xlino

Reaction score
Do not stick with a brand throughout the car, you will regret it and waste money. As far as answers, you've been here a bit and know you should search. The rear are 6X9s, I'd suggest replacing them with a 2-way speaker. The fronts fit 6 1/2s, but you will run into problems with the factory basket and you need to cut out the center to get more depth. I know the EXs have tweeters on the dash. Regardless if you have those or not, I HIGHLY recommend running components, as the factory speaker cover tends to block 60% of the highs coming from coaxials (trust me, I know) and components just tend to sound crisper and cleaner. :beer:

Oh those are tweeters? I thought they were small a/c vents. Is it hard to get to the tweeters on the dash? I really wanted the coaxials but if the ex has the tweeters i will go with component. A lot of people recommend this.

Would you happen to have a website on how to huck up the door speakers and read to an amp? I have a pioneer double din and it only gives 50w to each speaker. I want a little more power for better sound?

:eusa_wall:

cmgreensr

Reaction score
The factory tweeters are in a bad location. Components sound better but you may want to do some more general research on amps, speakers, and crossovers before blowing money. Come up with a real budget too.

xlino

Reaction score
The factory tweeters are in a bad location. Components sound better but you may want to do some more general research on amps, speakers, and crossovers before blowing money. Come up with a real budget too.

What do you mean a bad location?

I am willing to spend 500 on my audio setup. What do you recommend?

cmgreensr

Reaction score
A set of components in the doors, tweeters mounted up high like inside where the mirrors mount. Coaxial a in the rear deck and a 4 channel amp driving all that. You already have the rest. That should get you going. Amps and speakers are personal decisions based on your research and budget though.

schmiddr2

Reaction score
I would go with component set as the tweeter in a coaxial generally sticks out from the woofer making you need an even more shallow speaker.

I would not use rear speakers at all, but if you want to then don't spend more than 15% of your budget on them.

I would look for a class D amp. They will save you space and don't need as much power from the alternator as class A/B.

I really like the JBL MS-62C. Make a 1/2" thick adapter, plus widen the speaker opening slightly and they will fit.

I also like the JBL MS-A1004. It's small, powerful, and has tuning features that most amps do not.

Back