Pioneer

danmccormick87

Reaction score
The factory tweeters are NOT in a bad location. If you know anything about audio and wave reflection, the factory tweeters are positioned perfectly to achieve the best sound stage in the car. You could try something different, but your best bet would be to upgrade to some better tweeters in the same location. As far as speaker choice goes, that's all personal preference. I tend to stick with Infinity, Focal, and Hertz for quality.

f20bcg3

Reaction score
The factory tweeters are NOT in a bad location. If you know anything about audio and wave reflection, the factory tweeters are positioned perfectly to achieve the best sound stage in the car. I tend to stick with Infinity.

Exactly true and in my preference i wrapped mine in infinity all the way around to get a nice clean crisp sound

F20Bs don't take prisoners they chop faces off!!

xlino

Reaction score
I recommend not Pioneer.
Have you had bad experiences with them?

Another question. How do you huck up the speakers to an amp? Do you just splice the wire then huck it up to amp?

I love my 6th gen. But I hate the sound. I have a subwoofer and I hear the bass from all the speakers even the front ones and it sounds bad :(

danmccormick87

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with Pioneer, but as with anything, you get what you pay for. As far as speakers, they are on the cheaper side of the audio spectrum. Their headunits are pretty great, decently priced, and the more expensive NAV units are superb! To answer your question, you should probably be having a professional install your system if this is fairly new to, but being fair enough, I put it in as basic form as I could below with a crude diagram.

1st- Headunit (H/U) (With a minimium of 2 Pre-Out slots on back, since you are running a sub. One with front, one with sub/rear. If you can can find a 3, you will be able to run a 4 channel amp with the front and rear spots running the cable to the amp.) From headunit, you run your left right coaxial cable to your amp(s) to the corresponding section, i.e. front, rear, sub

2nd- Amp (2 Channel/4 Channel (depending on H/U), Sub) From Amp, you'll run brand new speaker wire, left/right, to the corresponding speakers/sub

H/U
I
I
I

AMP
LR
LR
LR
Speaker

With this setup, you will ignore/avoid factory speaker lines, running brand new lines to each speaker. To get the signal to your amps, you'll be running coaxial cables from you H/U to your Amp. Also, you'll be running separate power wire(s) and ground wire(s) for your amp(s), as well as a remote wire from your H/U to your amp(s). As far as amp tuning, you're on your own on this one, as it's all played by ear, H/U settings, etc.

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
Have you had bad experiences with them?

Another question. How do you huck up the speakers to an amp? Do you just splice the wire then huck it up to amp?

I love my 6th gen. But I hate the sound. I have a subwoofer and I hear the bass from all the speakers even the front ones and it sounds bad :(

I have Pioneers AVIC-X850BT in my Lexus and I love it. Their headunits are outstanding. Their audio equipment on the other hand.. Not so much. I just don't find much quality with them. Even for the money. The only decent thing I've seen from them as of late is their champion series subs.

A few days ago I did a full stereo install in a 6th gen coupe. Memphis MC 6.5 components upfront, tweeters mounted in factory location, Memphis MC 6x9 two way coaxial in the rear deck, and Memphis MC 10" sub in a ported Memphis enclosure in the trunk. Amps, put a Memphis PR4.50 for the mids/highs which is 50 watts rms per channel and ran it on the factory speaker wires. Which in this case was acceptable. Then did a Memphis SR1.250 for the sub. All coming from a Pioneer AVH-X8600BHS.

Took about an hour to tune it all and bam. Outstanding sounding setup considering the money invested.

cmgreensr

Reaction score
The factory tweeters are NOT in a bad location. If you know anything about audio and wave reflection, the factory tweeters are positioned perfectly to achieve the best sound stage in the car. You could try something different, but your best bet would be to upgrade to some better tweeters in the same location. As far as speaker choice goes, that's all personal preference. I tend to stick with Infinity, Focal, and Hertz for quality.

Well to each his own but I have always had better results with tweeters in a closer location, firing more directly toward the driver. Like I said, we can agree to disagree. In my car, I have no problem mounting in the sail panels. If I needed to replace them to sell the car, they are readily available.

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
Well to each his own but I have always had better results with tweeters in a closer location, firing more directly toward the driver. Like I said, we can agree to disagree. In my car, I have no problem mounting in the sail panels. If I needed to replace them to sell the car, they are readily available.

It's a fact that it's better to have the tweeter 'bounce' if you will off a surface such as the windshield. That's not a matter of opinion.

schmiddr2

Reaction score
It's a fact that it's better to have the tweeter 'bounce' if you will off a surface such as the windshield. That's not a matter of opinion.

Where are the measurements to back that up? Generally reflections are considered bad; early reflections like you get in the OEM locations are not as bad because the area acts like a horn and kkind of controls the reflections. But that in no way means that they are better than another location.

I have Pioneers AVIC-X850BT in my Lexus and I love it. Their headunits are outstanding. Their audio equipment on the other hand.. Not so much. I just don't find much quality with them. Even for the money. The only decent thing I've seen from them as of late is their champion series subs.

Saying Pioneer "audio equipment" is is bad a ridiculous statement for many reasons. There are many quality manufacturers and Pioneer is one of them. Infinity is made in the same plant as JBL, so why not list them? Certainly seems you get fooled by marketing and bias.

Being that this is not an audio site there is a lot of bad information being spread, just like if I ask a question about engine work on an audio site.

Last edited:

xlino

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with Pioneer, but as with anything, you get what you pay for. As far as speakers, they are on the cheaper side of the audio spectrum. Their headunits are pretty great, decently priced, and the more expensive NAV units are superb! To answer your question, you should probably be having a professional install your system if this is fairly new to, but being fair enough, I put it in as basic form as I could below with a crude diagram.

1st- Headunit (H/U) (With a minimium of 2 Pre-Out slots on back, since you are running a sub. One with front, one with sub/rear. If you can can find a 3, you will be able to run a 4 channel amp with the front and rear spots running the cable to the amp.) From headunit, you run your left right coaxial cable to your amp(s) to the corresponding section, i.e. front, rear, sub

2nd- Amp (2 Channel/4 Channel (depending on H/U), Sub) From Amp, you'll run brand new speaker wire, left/right, to the corresponding speakers/sub

H/U
I
I
I

AMP
LR
LR
LR
Speaker

With this setup, you will ignore/avoid factory speaker lines, running brand new lines to each speaker. To get the signal to your amps, you'll be running coaxial cables from you H/U to your Amp. Also, you'll be running separate power wire(s) and ground wire(s) for your amp(s), as well as a remote wire from your H/U to your amp(s). As far as amp tuning, you're on your own on this one, as it's all played by ear, H/U settings, etc.

I have Pioneer AVHX8500BHS. "....Dual Rear USB Ports, SD Card Slot, and Detachable Face Security. 3 Hi-Volt RCA Preouts (4V) and Navigation Ready..." So that means that I can huck up for the front speakers, rear speakers, and for the sub right? It just has to do with the amp right? What do you mean coaxial wires? Is that regular speaker wires?
I was deciding whether to take it to a professional or not. But is too expensive. I live in North Dakota Watford city and they are charging me 100$ an hour to install the speakers front and rear hucked up to an amp. They gave me a total of 500$ of pure labor. The back I could do easy the front will take a while. Now hucking up to an amp. Im getting a headaque trying to figure out. ANyways I called all around my area and there prices are around the same price. Reason why is so expensive? We are in the Bakken. The oil field land where people are making bank!!! I am not making that kind of bank :( i want to save a couple bucks.

xlino

Reaction score

A few days ago I did a full stereo install in a 6th gen coupe. Memphis MC 6.5 components upfront, tweeters mounted in factory location, Memphis MC 6x9 two way coaxial in the rear deck, and Memphis MC 10" sub in a ported Memphis enclosure in the trunk. Amps, put a Memphis PR4.50 for the mids/highs which is 50 watts rms per channel and ran it on the factory speaker wires. Which in this case was acceptable. Then did a Memphis SR1.250 for the sub. All coming from a Pioneer AVH-X8600BHS.

Took about an hour to tune it all and bam. Outstanding sounding setup considering the money invested.

Did those Memphis tweeters fit just fine upfront? Anything you did to make it fit? How do you run those tweeters? What do you run them too? To an amp? Or directly to speaker?

Back