Popo Hunting season sucks...

US3D98

Reaction score
So i was heading from school and was on the highway.
I believe the highway speed limit was 70mph.. but yea the whole highway continuous into a 4 lane road later that is 55pmh. As i was in the middle of the highway and road a police clocks me at 68mph while i was slowing down already to 55mph.. So he pulls me over and didn't give me a chance to explain anything
just ask for my information and give me a ticket..
so my question is should i fight or should i just ask for probation(if that is possible)?
its the end of the month so i didn't expect him to let me off or anything cause he needed to meet there quota or somthing but some people are saying they don't lol but i guess thats just my opinion since i see more cops active at the end of the month ..:(:(

Last edited:

sabSquishy

Reaction score
What position was the cop in? What position were you in? Where was the speed limit sign?

I think the best thing to do is when you get pulled over, just be respectful about it but in general, don't say anything. If I ever got pulled over and felt like I didn't do anything wrong, I would just say "I don't know" to everything. That way you don't admit to anything wrong. If you review the above and think that the odds may be in your favor, bring it to court a long with pictures of where the cop was, his point of view, and the location of the sign. Most likely, the cop isn't going to go to court for your puny speeding ticket and it will look more in your favor.

If you have a lawyer friend, or even a law student friend, you could ask him to defend you. Or go the badass route and defend yourself.:mad:

hancockd

SLO CG2
Reaction score
Now I could be wrong but this is my understanding... as long as you had not gone past a 55mph sign yet then the speed limit would still be whatever it previously was.. I guess in your case 70mph?

That is what I've been told time and time again but I've never had to worry about it.. lol

hiddengamer7

Reaction score
If he pulled you over and gave you a ticket because you were doing 68 in a 45 you probably won't get out of it. You can ask to get it moved to a non moving violation (that varies by jurisdiction)

Sl1m_Shady

Reaction score
sucks man...thats always the worst feeling in the world when you cant even defend yourself....

you could fight it in court but youd have to have a good amount of unquestionable evidence

sabSquishy

Reaction score
There's also a thing you can do but I'm vague on the process where you request to see the evidence against you including the written ticket speed and the device which was used to check you. If for some reason, they aren't written down, then it is extremely in your favor.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
Now I could be wrong but this is my understanding... as long as you had not gone past a 55mph sign yet then the speed limit would still be whatever it previously was.. I guess in your case 70mph?

That is what I've been told time and time again but I've never had to worry about it.. lol

this.

and yeah, popos have a quota.. how do u think they can afford to drive those fancy dodge magnums with all the budget cuts :coffee:

US3D98

Reaction score
yea lol i'm usually always nice to the police and this case i still am i just stayed quiet answer respectfully. He was like what you think the speed limit was i was like 70mph. he was liek wrong its 55mph when your at some certain point. I wasn't the only car goin at that speed but my car is more noticeable with my lip and all.. the ticket said alleged speed of 68 mph and its a printed out ticket lol the money we give them and they buy a printer for the there cars great.
i dont want the hassle of fighting it in court i just want probation or somthing idk lol
the cop wasn't rude or anything just straight forward and said sign here then heres your ticket and left.
oh and the cop was facing the same way i was heading.

98ExAccordwv

I'm Old
Reaction score
Its not really a big deal to get a speeding ticket....what do you mean by probation? The only punishment you'll get now is a fine. I got hit for 13 over and cost me $176.

If you had already passed the sign before starting to slow down, there is not much you can do about other than to go to court and hope the cop doesn't show up.

US3D98

Reaction score
Its not really a big deal to get a speeding ticket....what do you mean by probation? The only punishment you'll get now is a fine. I got hit for 13 over and cost me $176.

If you had already passed the sign before starting to slow down, there is not much you can do about other than to go to court and hope the cop doesn't show up.

lol yea i know but im still payin tuition lol just wanted to know what the possibility of my gettin probation rathen pay for the fee lol
$176 is one week of work for lol

Back