post your 2 door coupe pics

talontsiawd

Reaction score
sincity2dr said:
so the oem rear lip will work on my rear bumper
Its been done many times, it's what i plan to do but you will need to modify and it will not fit perfectly. It will fit well enough that people will still think it was made for it, assuming you do it right.

If you really want to go with a lip kit, you should trade bumpers. People would def do it if they arn't planning to go with the lip kit.

TheUAccord23

Reaction score
Talontsiawd is a smart dude, a lot of experience, knows his stuff, but I have to disagree with the rear bumper comments. He's right when he says it will fit with modding, but it will not look right. If you notice the front and rear bumpers both have what i call "built-in" lip kits (honda does to just about all their models during the revamp within a generation). When you go to put an OEM rear lip on it, that line is still gonna be there, or if you cut it off and put the lip, it won't line up with the side skirts. My suggestion (because it's what i'm in the middle of doing myself) is a lip to fit your front bumper (which is a million times more attractive than a 98-00 bumper even with a ww kit), a 98-00 rear bumper swap, and a OEM ground effects side and rear lip. As for you rims, love them, but hate that they're chrome. Paint them white to match, and keep the chrome lip. Long-winded, but i hope it helps.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
I agree and disagree with above. The lip will cover up the false lip on the installs i have seen. But the fitment is not perfect. It comes down to if you can easily source a bumper. For me, i have 32k miles on my car. My paint is pretty much perfect. I can't easily get a 98-00 bumper in the same condition. But if you have something of "regular mileage" you can probably trade for equivilant, or possibly make money. And everything will be correct. Yes, the 98-00 bumper is the way to go if you either don't mind a repaint or the paint is the same as yours interms of condition and fading.

I totally agree with above, yes, the fitment will be right on, etc. It's the best way to go but you can pull it off with the later bumper.

PROJECT H

Reaction score
damn.. like in ur other thread.. i would trade my 98-00 bumper for ur 01-02 if u really want the OEM lip kit =] mayb even the sides n rear too. =]

well heres my car: still stock...
2.jpg

l_975cfa54d22ccd61839614b8b5afcaf7.jpg

cg6boi

Reaction score
everyone knows the ladies love the sedans more....i mean cmon here is 3 examples...Darksides, 671CG5, and CG6Boi (thats me)

sincity2dr

Reaction score
cg6boi said:
everyone knows the ladies love the sedans more....i mean cmon here is 3 examples...Darksides, 671CG5, and CG6Boi (thats me)
LOL, yeah if the ladies need a daddy for there babbies. LOL j/k :D
I like the sedans, if i found a clean sedan for a good price I would have bought one over my coupe. I have a 4 year old , it would have been easier on me.
my2002hondaaccord010.jpg

my2002hondaaccord013.jpg

Back