FS: Prelude Sport Shifter !!!!!!!!

TECHNiKZ CG2

Reaction score
Is it still up for grabs???..I really like that short clean look!!!..Im located in the 626 too!!!!..lets meet up if u still wanna sell it :)

themachine

Reaction score
hey i'm about to tackle this thing tomorrow on my 99 accord ex, is this straight plug and play or do i need to get ready for extra work?

Chris Vu

Reaction score
Depends. If you want to get the shifter floor light to work, you will need to do a tad bit of work. It's nothing major, and I'd rank it a 1/10 for the wiring work. The rest of the application is just taking out the old shifter, putting the new shifter in, and cutting one of the locks off. One of the lock plugs into our oem harness, but the reverse lock doesn't, so you're going to have to cut it off.

Also, the shifter has been sold. It has been for a while now lol.

themachine

Reaction score
Depends. If you want to get the shifter floor light to work, you will need to do a tad bit of work. It's nothing major, and I'd rank it a 1/10 for the wiring work. The rest of the application is just taking out the old shifter, putting the new shifter in, and cutting one of the locks off. One of the lock plugs into our oem harness, but the reverse lock doesn't, so you're going to have to cut it off.

Also, the shifter has been sold. It has been for a while now lol.

thanks man, but i already purchased one few weeks ago :) , just never had the time to get to it. Will do it sometime this weekend. I heard before that we needed a whole different harness because the prelude wasn't compatible with ours but good to know that there isn't any major rewiring to be done.

thatklazzickid

Reaction score
i tried finding one of these on ebay. both the cl/tl one and the prelude one but no go. is it just a rare part to find or was i just searching with the wrong keywords? i tried "prelude shifter assembly" "prelude sport shifter" "cl/tl shifter assembly" nothing. any ideas or am i just going to have to creep around ebay until one comes up and grab it?

phi1542

Reaction score
what year is the prelude? I want to find one. Has anyone done a swap so the sport shifter actually works? I would be interested in that

Back