Problem when blacking out tail lights

SeanXtec

Reaction score
It doesn't matter if you wiped off the alcohol. Alcohol molecules will generally stick to surfaces such as glass or plastic for up to 24 hours before they are actually evaporated. In your case, the alcohol could be interfering with the spray tint.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
spray tint is going to fade if you just spray it out of the bottle and leave it,with out protecting it with a clear coat. mine lasted for a few days till it turned gray then almost red again.

some people do have better luck with just like 25% window tint you can buy at any parts store,as long as you do it correctly and get all the bubbles out.

DaSmittyman

Reaction score
My spray came out fine the second time, the first time i did it i was about 10 inches away or so. It turned out dull, not shinning and ugly. I re did it and got close about 4 inches and sprayed again. That time it came out right. I do not know what caused the problem, but i did paint in the same atmosphere and same time of day. I used the RC Spray tint that was talked about on here

Bond4387

Reaction score
Sand the light for better adhesion of the spray. Then wipe any excess 'dust' from the plastic being sanded, then spray till desired darkness, then clear coat :D

slaiguy

Reaction score
when i used clear coat, it ended up making the tint look hazey so i re-did it and it ended up fine w/o the clear. jus depends on ur luck i guess...

jaz

Reaction score
here's mine with actual tint...

0420091944-00.jpg

you can get it at walmart for like $30 at most.. take tail lights off it's really simple :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Bond4387

Reaction score
when i used clear coat, it ended up making the tint look hazey so i re-did it and it ended up fine w/o the clear. jus depends on ur luck i guess...

You gotta claybar it and polish it. And you have to let the tint settle first before applying the clear

slaiguy

Reaction score
i sanded but didnt claybar; and i did wait for the tint to settle, but maybe it wasnt long enough. i gotta do it again anyways, but i had good results last time i didnt clear coat so im not gonna worry. and jaz, whats "actual tint?"

jaz

Reaction score
actual tint as in tint film.. not like spray lol.. personally i think spay looks cheap.. a few of my friends have it and imo i think it looks cheap

Back