problem with my windshield wipers

Millz

Reaction score
First off, I'd like to wish everyone a happy new year.

I have encountered a weird problem with my wipers, hopefully someone here can help me out and point me in the right direction.

So the wipers are in good shape, work fine etc. except for this one issue.

The wipers start from the right side, move to the left, and swing back to the right.

I would like to change them so they start from the left side, move right, and swing back to the left.

Why you say? Because it's original, and to my knowledge nobody has done it.
I think RHD Accord's have it this way, and I was wondering if it's true, if so it can be done right?

Also, is there any way to reverse the motors that I currently have to achieve this?

I know some of you will be haters, or sceptics... but I've also made my sinks and toilets drain the opposite way, so be respectful and keep your negative comments and childish attitudes out of my thread.

Thank you! :peace:

imaricer:)

Reaction score
sounds cool. i would like to mod mine similar to the way the newer civics work.

btw anything is better than the one wiper blade mod.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
What a dumb idea. Why would you do this. Addtional childish comment. hate hate hate

:lawl:

Is there a benefit to doing this, Milan? Or just wanting to do something different? The main problem I foresee is if the blades start at the left...is that going to be their resting position? The driver side blade may be close enough to the edge of the windshield to be out of the way when the wipers are not in use, but the passenger side blade is a different story I would think.

Nawww I mean?

Last edited:

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
ummm, i dont think it will work they way you want it

but i think you could pop off the wiper arm and rotate it 90degrees and volia

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Starting to think this thread is not unlike that of his "F46" thread. lol

Millz

Reaction score
Chris: First off, I'd like to say that people probably told Socrates and Plato that their ideas are dumb. :hide:

I'm looking to be a pioneer in the 6GA tuning scene, so don't knock me down nazi!

I was reading up on a DIY project on another website where a guy is doing the conversion himself to make his ride RHD. That's my ultimate goal I think, since the NA accords aren't available anywhere in RHD. I was hoping to keep that a secret so having the blades switch over might have you understand it better as far as being able to see properly in rainy/snowy conditions when sitting on the right side. Some driving instructors have a brake pedal in their car on the passenger side, maybe I'll ask some of them for advice as well. It's a good starting point.

Badger: I'll try that this weekend, probably going to take Friday off from work and see what I'm dealing with.

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
Matt, I think you're making it more complicated than it is. Everyone knows that all you have to do to make them go in the opposite direction is turn the wipers upside down, duh.

Millz

Reaction score
Matt, I think you're making it more complicated than it is. Everyone knows that all you have to do to make them go in the opposite direction is turn the wipers upside down, duh.

this is the type of out-of-the-box thinking im looking for

Mr.Hollow

Reaction score
it sounds like your trying to make a RH drive car, which would require modding the fire wall, thus making the car a salvage tittle, that is if you ever plan to sell it

Back