Projectors from A Camry?

Deviousjet

Reaction score
Hey all I looked around and found good information on Honda Projectors for our cars but I have a friend that is selling Projectors from a 2009 Toyota Camry or from a Chrysler 300c. Can I use any of these in my headlights? I don't know jack squat about conversions and I don't want to spend 50 bucks for stuff that I don't need I'm even considering just going back to halogens because spending 500 bucks on lights just seems ludicrous to me. i could get coils or something a little more useful. Thanks for your help.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
The only people that would know this are ones that have attempted a retro using them. I would look around on HIDplanet, etc and see what people say. If the Camry/300C projectors are any larger than the TSX, I would shy away from using them. Not sure if there's somewhere to look that tells sizes between projectors...

OR, you could be the pioneer and try them yourself, if he's giving them to you for $50. If you meant $500...yeah, no.

Deviousjet

Reaction score
Yeah just 50 bucks. Not too sound cheap but 50 bucks is alot of money for something that won't even work on my car i'll go on that site. Thanks for your help. The camry has some pretty small lights like the accord so I'm guessing those would be the best bet. though I'm guessing they can of course be too small also. I'm thinking of just doing halogen again unfortunately. This car isn't my project car I'm saving up for a crx or an ef civic for fun. I just wanted HID's for their superior lighting but I keep getting flashed and not in a good way unfortunately.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
That's true, the Camry housings aren't very big, so the projector might not be either.

Have you looked into the Morimoto H1 projectors? They're affordable, easy to fit, and have great output from what I've read. There are a couple threads on here about them.

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
camry projectors aren't even that great IMO. I can see the road better in my accord with OEM stanleys and 5k HID's then I can in my mom and dad's camry. Maybe if you got an HID kit for them they'd look better.

Frisky Arab

Reaction score
My friend has an 08 camry and I doubt that the headlights will even fit due to the upward bend that the camry's headlights have. If you are even abled to get them wired up, your gonna have some pretty hefty gaps to close up. More power to you for being the pioneer if you go through with this though.

Deviousjet

Reaction score
Oh yeah Frisky, I'm not going to put the camry headlights on my accord. lol. Just the projectors from the camry. But it looks to be too much work Red ryder I went onto that site Hidplanet and someone did a video of how to do the conversion. Eff that noise. I'm not going to put that much work into my daily driver.

jeffpanya

Reaction score
if u do a retrofit it will be way worth it trust me, also the camry projectors are not as bad especially with a 6 or 8k light output if you dont care about seeing better in the dark etc than dont buy them.

Back