Prokit, H&R sports, Koni sport

johnnydinh701

Reaction score
Re: Suspension Q - aftermarket spring rates

i have H&R sports on stock shocks and i have about a 1-2 finger gap rather than a whole fist gap

drey

Reaction score
Re: Prokit and H&R sports springs

I'm asking myself the same question again after 2 months. No used prokits have shown up on craigslist. So to reiterate my concern, I love the h&r springs on the highway but I cringe when I drive downtown.

Anyone with input can tell me if it's worth it for me to go from my h&r sports to prokit or not? My last option is to install the oem springs but lose the drop. I much rather get the prokits so I still have the full shock travel on the highest perch.

Thanks

001Stunna

Reaction score

I'm asking myself the same question again after 2 months. No used prokits have shown up on craigslist. So to reiterate my concern, I love the h&r springs on the highway but I cringe when I drive downtown.

Anyone with input can tell me if it's worth it for me to go from my h&r sports to prokit or not? My last option is to install the oem springs but lose the drop. I much rather get the prokits so I still have the full shock travel on the highest perch.

Thanks

Drey, i honestly think driving downtown in here feels **** no matter what. Comparing how my car felt driving downtown when stock and now with Tein SS, stock still felt harsh as crap in our ****ty streets. Whenever i go downtown i just take a deepbreath and just go lol.
Whenever i go by Chi's shop i love the drive on hwy7 lol...so smooth and buttery. I'd say DO NOT spend any $$ on pro kits or etc unless you ride in some1s car with prokits first around the downtown area...as in the end it might just feel the same.

Last edited:

Namboyz

Reaction score

dont get prokits please.... ive had em... they feel alright to be honest. its not that much of a difference in ride quality compared to other springs.

but the major reason why i let my prokits go was because of the boat look it gave my car. it bothered me alot lol

goodluck

blackcord

Reaction score

You may also want to consider Tein H. I had those before with Tokico Blues. I could feel the difference between stock and these, but still very close to stock comfort. It also only gives a mild drop, I think something like 1.3Front 1.2 rear.

Last edited:

drey

Reaction score

Drey, i honestly think driving downtown in here feels **** no matter what. Comparing how my car felt driving downtown when stock and now with Tein SS, stock still felt harsh as crap in our ****ty streets. Whenever i go downtown i just take a deepbreath and just go lol.
Whenever i go by Chi's shop i love the drive on hwy7 lol...so smooth and buttery. I'd say DO NOT spend any $$ on pro kits or etc unless you ride in some1s car with prokits first around the downtown area...as in the end it might just feel the same.

I don't recall stock being as bad as it is now. Thank goodness for the dampening feature of the yellows cause it smooths out some of the bumps. Downtown sucks... i hate driving down there. :doh:

You may also want to consider Tein H. I had those before with Tokico Blues. I could feel the difference between stock and these, but still very close to stock comfort. It also only gives a mild drop, I think something like 1.3Front 1.2 rear.

Thanks for the advice. I read that tein springs squeak...is this true?

swollen_cu

Reaction score
Prokit and H&R sports springs

RedRyder said:
Agreed. I've looked for spring rates lots of times on the site but never really find them. I would call Eibach and H&R, get the rates, then compare.

Those H&R and Eibach will NOT give you a 1-2 finger gap and it will probably give closer to a 2-3 finger gap still.

I don't know about H&R, but I have 2 finger gaps all around with Pro Kits on my V6 2dr.

And Drey, considering Teins may be a good idea, I believe them and Eibach are suppose to provide closest to OEM ride.

Can someone riding on H&R's chime in?

Thats because you're on 18s... Haha it fills in the wheelgap better than stocks

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

^Stock for me was 205/60/16 which is a slightly bigger overall diameter than 225/40/18. So they should fill out the wheel well the same. Unless you're saying the perception of seeing less sidewall makes the gap seem more filled out, in which case I agree.

swollen_cu

Reaction score

^Stock for me was 205/60/16 which is a slightly bigger overall diameter than 225/40/18. So they should fill out the wheel well the same. Unless you're saying the perception of seeing less sidewall makes the gap seem more filled out, in which case I agree.

Yeah that's what I'm trying to say.. But with my H&R sports I had like 3 finger gap up front and 3 in the back. It was ghey... lol

But to the OP, My eibach sportlines gave me about 1.5 finger gap and they were pretty comfortable, and the roads here suck as well. But if you want something closer to stock, I'd say go with teins. You dont have to worry about the boat look because you have KOni yellows with the adjustable perches on the front.

Back