PuzzleMaster94's J32 6MT 1999 Accord EX-L V6 Coupe (56k)

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Re: PuzzleMaster94's 1999 Accord EX-L V6 Coupe (56k) *J32 Update*

I loved my '90 Accord.. Was dreaming to rock with it forever to this date like your buddy's +300K mi. but... let's just say it wasn't very too successful lol. Bitter-sweet memories haha.

Almost ready for the heart transplant? Wishing you the best of luck, man!

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score

I loved my '90 Accord.. Was dreaming to rock with it forever to this date like your buddy's +300K mi. but... let's just say it wasn't very too successful lol. Bitter-sweet memories haha.

Almost ready for the heart transplant? Wishing you the best of luck, man!

I hope so. Found out auto J32s differ from manual ones, so now I'm replacing little sensors and other things, and the best way to do that is while the motor is out of the car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score

More swap parts arrived. Pressure plate bolts, timing pulleys/gears, sensors, etc...

Let's hope this is the last.

Also ordered an BaysonR STi Lip to go underneath my lip to give it some protection. Makes it flare out a bit more, plus the Sti lip is poly-urethane, so it'll bend and give some protection to the OEM plastic one. Not wanting to fix the lip a 6th time lol

Mikey

Reaction score

Evan, she looks great. I don't know if I ever asked but where'd you get the lugs and what mufflers do you have? I know they're Magnaflow but are they different than the ones that come in the 15640 kit?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

ordered an BaysonR STi Lip to go underneath my lip to give it some protection. Makes it flare out a bit more, plus the Sti lip is poly-urethane, so it'll bend and give some protection to the OEM plastic one. Not wanting to fix the lip a 6th time lol

Got a link for that? I've given up on the garage door molding as the tape will still not stick to it.

SykVSyx

Reaction score

The link is there, CB, click on the 'BaysonR...'.

Was looking at the EZ Lip Pro option, myself. Probably the same as the garage door product, but, I don't know that that Subie lip will fit.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Oops, thanks.

Evan is it documented somewhere that this fits well, or is it something you have to "persuade" to fit in order to look good?

Last edited:

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
PuzzleMaster94's 1999 Accord EX-L V6 Coupe (56k) *J32 Update*

Evan, she looks great. I don't know if I ever asked but where'd you get the lugs and what mufflers do you have? I know they're Magnaflow but are they different than the ones that come in the 15640 kit?

Mufflers are the same thing that comes in the kit. The lugs are Blackworks Lugs, but I wouldn't recommend. They're neat because they are aluminum, but the threads strip very easy. I'm thinking about getting some steel ones

Got a link for that? I've given up on the garage door molding as the tape will still not stick to it.

I've given up on that also. Here's the link: http://m.ebay.com/itm/390992669373?_mwBanner=1

The link is there, CB, click on the 'BaysonR...'.

Was looking at the EZ Lip Pro option, myself. Probably the same as the garage door product, but, I don't know that that Subie lip will fit.

It fits ok from what I understand. Might need some persuasion though. The EZ lip is essentially garage door molding

Oops, thanks.

Evan is it documented somewhere that this fits well, or is it something you have to "persuade" to fit in order to look good?

I've seen it done before, but I don't think it's been documented. I'll do a write up. I'm sure it'll need some persuasion

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score

Well I've done quite a bit with this thing in the past few days.

First off, drove it for 3 straight days. I know, weird right.

Detailed the heck out of it on Saturday, for a show on Sunday in Bowling Green. Talked to Joey down there also. Always good to catch up. I was a booth car, so I had to get it cleaned up nicely. After 9 hours of washing, compunding, polishing, waxing etc.. It looks sooooo much better than better.

All this done with my Porter Cable DA Polisher and Meguiar's products. We get a lot of free things from them at the detail shop where I work.

But anyway, heres a few pictures of the Accord at the show on Sunday.

Accord Angle by Evan Aschbacher, on Flickr

Accord and Skyline by Evan Aschbacher, on Flickr

Accord 3 by Evan Aschbacher, on Flickr

Also updated the J32 Thread and bought a Canon 50D used and had it fixed. Just getting used to it, but really like it. Jon, if you read this, give me some pointers.

Last edited:

604ACCORD

Reaction score

Car looks tight I love those rims especially in that pic beside the skyline
:waytogo:

Back