question about my car

tsaiduk

Reaction score
so you dont think i can boost my stock motor and do a tranny conversion?

theaccordian

Reaction score
and oh yeah I heard clicking on the search button at the top of the screen adds about 50 hp to the wheelz!!

tsaiduk

Reaction score
thats crazy.haha. what kind of turbo kit should i get and how much do they range at?

Icemul

Reaction score
tsaiduk said:
DAMN! i wanted to use the accord as a DD and lightly mod it like putting turbo

Last time I checked, a turbo isn't considered a light mod! If your wanting a DD just do the intake/exhaust and plugs then call it a day. If you want a track car to kick everyones a**... then keep the accord for a DD and buy a project car!

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
Turbonetics makes a turbo setup
www.turbo-kits.com

it ranges around $3000 without fuel management i believe.

a friend of mine is trying to help me work on my car, his aim is for turbo, mine is for DD N/A, but all in all, neither one of us are willing to slap ANYTHING on until we work on some internals, fuel systems, air flow, compressions, things like that...of course all that cost money so see you guys in 2 years.

point being, in order to do any of this, you need to know what you're doing, or pay up for someone to do it. you don't seem to know a lot about turbos or your car to begin with. i would start by reading up some stuff on 6thgenaccord to familiarize yourself with your car as far as potential. the F23 isn't a complete loser engine, otherwise they wouldn't have dropped one in the CL.

and before you do anything, you said you wanted a DD? remember doing an H22 swap might conflict with your local emissions law, find out if and what's legal. a turbo is definitely not street legal if you put one in, i believe turbonetics aren't CARB exempt but i'm not 100% sure (if you don't know what CARB exemptions are, you are WAAAY too much of a novice).

if you go H22/H23, you get the JDM Type-R/Euro-R bragging rights. you get DOHC VTEC, you get...well a brand new engine to start fresh with, doing the AT->MT swap gives you complete control over gearing and riding out the gears. this will run around $4000 parts+labor.
H23 Engine
JDM Engines

if you got F23/F22 Turbo you get basically a turbo, which requires highest octane gas always, more maintenance/inspection/awareness of engine management, a seperate engine management system, but you get the awe of making xxxwhp out of that THAT engine.

either way it's money. if you do F23Turbo, for the results YOU want, you might need more internal engine work.

is it worth it? that's really up to you.

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
theaccordian said:
and oh yeah I heard clicking on the search button at the top of the screen adds about 50 hp to the wheelz!!

That was a hint that this subject has been gone over several times...

angelplus

Reaction score
oh and you have a I4 not a V4, just heads up for future reference.

Back