question on coupe front end swap

Levi

Reaction score
so my car is out of the shop, my friend took pics with his phone to show me since im out of town for college. he said they put back on my sedan bumper and left the coupe hood on which doesnt look bad at all, but the whole left side of my car is repainted a darker DEP and the right side looks oem.

i cant believe a body shop cant do this and they still dont believe me that this was possible and toldme that everyone on here made it up.

Last edited:

blaque~akkord

Reaction score
also, can the grill still fit if i havent ordered part #4 the upper beam thing?

well i called the shop today and they sounded all mad saying that they tried shaving it and it still didnt fit so they repainted my old bumper and put that on, but i told them i had contacted 2 ppl that had done this and told him about rewelding the beam about 1/2 lower. hopefully that works CUZ he said he's gonna charge me for that, plus time spent on painting and ordering a coupe bumper, and repairing my old one. this is so stressful. :computer:

i might as well order it since you're there 20bones its not gonna hurt you any questions let me know...

A-cord

Reaction score
you have to relocate the beam for 98-00 accord sedan to fit the coupe bumper just tell your guys to re weld the beam like 1/2 inch down from the bracket that hold the beam and they should have the tools to do this...... it dont fit the headlight part because the beam is too high for the bumper i'm pretty sure they will figure it out why.... please look at the illustration.. the #3 thats the part need to be modify and at the same time you might want to order the #4 so you can put a grill....

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com...ry3=2DR+LX&catcgry4=KA5MT&catcgry5=BUMPER+(1)

acc5.jpg

GOODLUCK!!!!

so what you're saying here, would i have to do the same if i were to put on a 98-00 coupe bumper onto a 98-00 sedan?

Levi

Reaction score
i guess so. i thought u just had to get a new support beam and that was that, but ill be doing what blaque~accord said with the welding during december when i go back home from college

Back