Questions on Header exhaust and intake

AccordFlex

Reaction score
Before story notes: The insurance adjuster from Geico said that I was ok to do this because all aftermarket parts are scrapped anyways when it goes to auction so please no "stolen parts" accusations. I did clear this with them before taking any parts.

Ok well I work at a Honda dealer/body shop and just last week there was a 6th gen sedan that came into work. Saw it had rims but was still 4x4 so i figured it didnt have anything else on it worth looking at.

Well come to find out the estimator told me there was a DC Sports ceramic header/ AEM V2 CAI and a greddy exhaust. Lucky for me, the car was totaled because it went into a ditch and had minor body damage all over the car. Literally every metal body piece and bumper would have had to been replaced.

So basically I got a free DC Sports header, AEM V2 CAI and a Greddy exhaust. From the looks of it the Greddy exhaust doesnt seem to be an EVO2, and doesnt look like any of their other exhaust systems either. The muffler is banged up on the bottom from bottoming out on the ditch. The exhaust piping is still in mint condition. The header perfect condition as well, and the tubing for the intake is like brand new as well, just needs a new air filter as it fell off somewhere during the crash.

So I have a few questions on my parts...

1. Where can I find a replacement filter for the AEM V2 CAI?

2. Will the dents on the bottom of the muffler affect anything such as the way the exhaust will sound/perform?

3. Does the DC Sports header come new with a gasket of some sort where the "2" meets the "1" right before it bends down to the precat? I have a leak somewhere now and cant seem to pinpoint it.

4. If the muffler is unusable, how would matching up an Apexi WS2 muffler onto the existing greddy piping work out?

5. How much modification will be needed to make a 4dr exhaust fit onto a 2dr chasis if it will work at all?

Last edited:

AccordFlex

Reaction score
Ok here are some pictures that I snapped of the parts, mainly the exhaust to determine how bad the damage is and the model of the exhaust as well.

7-1.jpg

Two small yellow lines show the damage on the top part of the muffler

6-1.jpg

5-1.jpg

The yellow circle indicated some damage done when the exhaust was bent slightly, the hanger weld caved in leaving a small hole for me to patch up

3-1.jpg

A shot of where the exhaust was bent inwards during the accident, its now back to near where it should be, but im sure will need more tweeking to get it back to as close to normal position as possible. Plus you can see the bigger dents on the bottom of the muffler. The inner pipe inside the muffler is UNHARMED as well.

4-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

8-1.jpg

9.jpg

nyknick1015

Reaction score
thats a greddy SP2... those exhaust systems are either a hell of alota money or rare... the bangs doesnt look too bad since the body would be covering it anyway i would find out if that owner doesnt come and claim it b4 u take it. Also you can use universal filters on that v2 intake or even a K&N.

good find tho

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
1. Ebay.... get a Dry-Flo FIlter

2. if all the holes are patched and the muffler itself is still intact, Internal, than sound and perforamnce should be on par

3. yes

4. test it out

5.should work fine, a little long but fine

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Talk about being in the right place at the right time!

1. TAS or find a retailer off of AEM's site.

2. No, though it is difficult to tell how deep the dents are. Insides intact or not determines that.

3. I would think a new header would come with a new gasket.

4. If the piping matches up it's easy but if not you'll have to weld. I haven't owned either system so I can't get specific, but brand new these exhausts are not worlds apart. Either way you will end up with a great sound.

5. I know the V6 4door and 2door cars can use similar if not the same systems. I can't say for the 4cyl, do some searchin I know this has been discussed.

Last edited:

AccordFlex

Reaction score
thats a greddy SP2... those exhaust systems are either a hell of alota money or rare... the bangs doesnt look too bad since the body would be covering it anyway i would find out if that owner doesnt come and claim it b4 u take it. Also you can use universal filters on that v2 intake or even a K&N.

good find tho

Oh snap, The bangs arent too too bad. I was just going to have the whole exhaust muffler and piping painted semi gloss black at our shop so that it hides the blemishes and dents. Ill probably try and polish the exhaust tip to get the few small scuffs out of it.

And I already have the parts. The car is long gone. The owner had already come and taken their stereo equipment out before i even knew it had those parts.

Do you by chance know if the exhaust sounds decent? Im not a big fan of the huge tip on the muffler, but who can complain about free. And what makes this exhaust system rare?

AccordFlex

Reaction score
1. Ebay.... get a Dry-Flo FIlter

2. if all the holes are patched and the muffler itself is still intact, Internal, than sound and perforamnce should be on par

3. yes

4. test it out

5.should work fine, a little long but fine

Ok cool. Thanks man. On ebay, i found an AEM, Fujita, and an off brand. How does an off brand dry flow filter compare to a name brand like the ones above? Because if I can save 30 bucks by getting the ebay special with close to the same quality then im all for it

The internal piping in the muffler is 100% in tact, only hole is that small hole on the hanger.

And any idea how to get a hold of one of those 2-1 gaskets? There wasnt one there when I took it off the car and I went to DC Sports website and its going through maintenance. Called both the numbers they provided and they were not correct lol

ccordex00

Reaction score
good items....the sp2 is a really nice catback system....
as for the filter...ebay or craigslist..

AccordFlex

Reaction score
Ok guys, another technical question.

Im going to be replacing all of the exhaust gaskets from the header on back to the muffler.

For the normal oval ones from the back piece of the greddy and the muffler Ill use the greddy 60mm oval ones and a greddy 60mm triangle one for the cat to the exhaust pipe.

But for the second header pipe to before the cat piece, would I use a stock honda one since the bolt hole is a bit offset or would I want to use the greddy 60mm triangle one as well?

As well any ideas where to get that 2-1 header gasket that im missing as well?

Back