quick fix for condensation in headlights

SykVSyx

Reaction score
I was told don't use epixy if you ever want to reopen your headlights again.

Silicone has worked for me the two times that my lights were ever opened.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
You could also reseal and throw a few silica gel packs into the bottom of the housing to absorb any moisture that may seep in accidentally.....as a safeguard. I did this when i resealed my retro and my lights have never fogged.

Best. Way. Ever. I did the same thing, no fog EVER.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
You could also reseal and throw a few silica gel packs into the bottom of the housing to absorb any moisture that may seep in accidentally.....as a safeguard. I did this when i resealed my retro and my lights have never fogged.

Best. Way. Ever. I did the same thing, no fog EVER.
:ugh2:

what happens once the packs have absorbed all the moisture? they are not infinite. even those little ones you get inside chinese products are usually done before you even pull them out of the box and toss them.

i dont want to shout it from the rooftops, but i might have to: our headlights are not airtight.

i have a metal tin, and inside, the beads change color when full of moisture. then, you throw the tin into the oven and bake it and the beads change color again.

sitting in my room...inside a tupperware container that was NOT airtight, that 3 x 5 x .5" tin was depleted in a week. baked it...pink again in another week.

its like putting on deodorant, then saying you dont have to shower because the deodorant is still in your arm pits. it (and desiccants) dont last for more than a few days.

keep the silicone when you open the lights in a ball...inspect the lights before you put them together and add/remove sealant where necessary...done. like i said before, my headlights will fog up in extreme temperature changes...but what doesn't?

Stile442

Reaction score
hey thanks for the tip, imma do that tomorrow. I just blackhouse'd my lights a couple weeks ago and my driver side light has all this fog in it... what kind of silicone can i use to seal them back up, a lot of my sealant disappeared.

** never mind i found it, honda bond**

NP hope its works as well as it did for me. I have since also resealed my lights.

shenaniganz08

Reaction score
umm no

drilling a hole in your headlights is not a good idea

go on HID forums, this has been talked about to death

The main cause of fogging is water getting in, not water getting out

If your headlight fogs, take it apart and reseal it

its the only permanent fix

drilling a hole = they will still fog

Back