Retrofit Club

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
Well i thought that was my problem..went to another place yesterday and they said everything was fine...then last night when i was leaving a guys house i turned the headlights on...they came on then quickly shut off...it took 4-5 tries to get them to stay on...i don't know WTH is going on...

angelplus

Reaction score
Hmmmm, loose wire somewhere? You might have a short somewhere. I dont know, could be your ballasts becuase it sounds like its not igniting properly. If you have external igniters, buy some new ones. If not go over to HID planet and they'll have an answer for ya.

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
Noo i have internatl igniters...it must be a short...today when i was going to school i had them on..but when i turned my A/C on they turned off and they wouldn't come back on for about 10 min or so...could i not have a good ground or something??

shavedaccord

Reaction score
could be a few things really. Bad ground, short, bad alt. bad battery, wrong size fuse, not starting the car BEFORE you turn on your HID, bad ballast etc.. Could pull your working ballast and stick it on the side thats not working and see if that solves it..that would rule out the ballast IF your wiring is good

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
Well i don't think it is the ballast just because both turn off at the same time...So i don't really have a good/bad ballast...All i can really come up wiht is bad alt or a short...They wouldn't come on at all tonight except for about one second, then shut back off...I am soo F##king pissed right now...i do'nt know if i bought bad ballasts/bulbs, or if the wiring is just bad...or my alternator is biting the dust...

angelplus

Reaction score
really sounds like something is shorting out to me. Beucase if they come on when you want them to, then put the A/C on and they go off... If not, then its your alt/battery becuase your headlights use up a lot of energy, so when you use your A/C you could be loosing power when you turn something else on...

Test this out. Turn your car on, turn your lights on, next turn on different electronics in your car, if nothing happens, try turning your air control on, not your a/c just the fan and see if that triggers it. And let us know what happens.

shavedaccord

Reaction score
want to know a very simple way to test your ALT without pulling it out...turn your car on..turn off everything except your headlamps..leave them on..then turn off the car if your headlamps get BRIGHTER then your ALT is bad..don't do the old method where you pull off your battery cable..you can actually fry you ALT doing that.

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
^^both good ideas..i will have to try those...but the retro will have to turn on first for me to be able to try both of those haha

Back