Retrofit Club

angelplus

Reaction score
Yeah I got my ALT checked and everything is AOK, but I know that my battery is dying, so I need to pick up a new one.

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
^^Glad to hear you found out your alt is good...I was told my battery and alt are good..Retro still won't work..So i took it off, i have to drive at night haha..I will have to figure out what is wrong when i have time..I guess it is either wiring or ballast...which i don't know how to test those theories

angelplus

Reaction score
You need a voltometer and check those lines to see. Also, if the wireharness didn't have a fuse on it, then it probably shorted the whole thing out. becuase you need to have one going from the battery to the relay ,or incase of an accident, you'll short your ballasts. I remember one night I had to run on highbeams... thank god my highbeams were aimed low so that I could see... And it wasn't that bad ;)

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
Yeah i have a fuse...i am thinking it is the harness...am i supposed to have a wire hooked up to both the positive and negative terminals on the battery?

angelplus

Reaction score
00Accord4cyl said:
Yeah i have a fuse...i am thinking it is the harness...am i supposed to have a wire hooked up to both the positive and negative terminals on the battery?

Yeah, you should, atleast I think so... hmmm I'd have to look at mine and see how CL's did mine. Heres the wiring diagram to CL's wiring harness:

harness_diagram.jpg

shavedaccord

Reaction score
00Accord4cyl said:
^^both good ideas..i will have to try those...but the retro will have to turn on first for me to be able to try both of those haha
alwaysssss start your car before turning on your HID's

shavedaccord

Reaction score
angelplus said:
Yeah, you should, atleast I think so... hmmm I'd have to look at mine and see how CL's did mine. Heres the wiring diagram to CL's wiring harness:

harness_diagram.jpg
Looks to me you just run 1 positive wire to the battery. Don't look like you ground directly to the battery since the ballasts are grounded to the body

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
Yeah i know you turn on the car first...i guess people don't realize that i am saying the retro doesn't work at all...so it doesn't matter at this point in time whether the car is on or off...i think it might be the relay in the wiring...i will have to find time soon to test the ballasts...been out of town

angelplus

Reaction score
00Accord4cyl said:
Yeah i know you turn on the car first...i guess people don't realize that i am saying the retro doesn't work at all...so it doesn't matter at this point in time whether the car is on or off...i think it might be the relay in the wiring...i will have to find time soon to test the ballasts...been out of town

well my relay went out after the second week of having them. Water got inside, and I replaced the relay and that fixed everything.

shavedaccord

Reaction score
get some heavy duty autoloc relays..I use them on my shaved handles them things never go out

Back