Rewiring Front Door Speakers

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
Yeah I searched. Didn't get much for answers.

OKay, so I want to run 12AWG speaker wire for the 6.5's that I am running off of an amp. Looking at the door... I have no idea how I'm going to get that wiring through that sleeve that the stock wires are going through.

Can someone who has ran wiring through the front doors help me out?

Not to call anyone out, but I think I saw AFAccord mention he had done it before.

I just don't know how the eff you get access to that far behind the dash and run it through the sleeving to inside the door. Looks tough as fawk.

Thanks guys for any help!!

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
wire coat hanger. put it threw the sleeve the stock wires are going threw, find where that come out on the other side, wrap the upgraded wire around it, and pull it threw.

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
I don't see it working well for pushing 80W RMS through it....

And there's like a rubber tube that is located in the same general area of where the hinge for the door is. That is where the electrical wires for everything in the door runs through, correct? THe Rubber grommets that have the hex bolt heads underneath them dont connect directly through the door, ya know?

I'll take pics I guess. :) Thanks guys so far...

talontsiawd

Reaction score
I will never tap into the stock wiring so what i did was basically described above. Take the gromat off on both sides, get a coat hanger and wrap electrical tap around it. I thought accords were conciderable harder to deal with than other cars i've done so don't be suprised if it takes you some time, cussing, and a break to clear your head lol.

I4 CG5

Reaction score
^^That's what I did, except a coat hanger I ran one wire through there, then taped up the other wires (I ran two sets of 12awg speaker wire) and yanked them through. I'm guessing a coat hanger would be much easier since it doesn't bend like wire.

In hind sight, a little petroleum jelly (insert joke here) would have made it easier since dry rubber against dry rubber causes a lot of friction.

Also, getting the grommets back into the door and door jam can be a bitch, but just keep working it and they'll get in there. The results are awesome.

Back